As a child I grew up with a love of crafts, inspired by my
adopted grandparents no doubt. Together we spent hours creating clay models and
drawing faces and other things around the house. I recall one particular Halloween
when they even dressed up for our amusement and used tomato puree as fake
blood.
Lego Printed Witches Hats
I decided to try recreating the 'Lego Printed Witches Hats' with my eldest and found this to be very simple even though she needed a bit of encouragement to get started.
While old clothes and an old bib (or back to front shirt) that covers the little one's arms work wonderfully well for keeping them from getting completely covered in paint. It's only right that we too as parents/guardians of the child get in on the fun too so make sure you aren't in your best outfit either.
Kate’s first book 30 Halloween Crafts for Kids is available to buy on Amazon.
How are you planning on celebrating Halloween this year?
Disclosure: We were kindly given a pdf copy of just some of the activities featured in the book. All words and pictures included in this post are my own.
Linking up with #HalloweenHorrors
Keeping the Mess at Bay
Little ones are prone to getting messy especially if paint is involved so make sure that you have a surface that you don't mind getting messy. We used the kitchen floor but a newspapered area or place with an inexpensive party table cover provide the ideal setting for messy activities.While old clothes and an old bib (or back to front shirt) that covers the little one's arms work wonderfully well for keeping them from getting completely covered in paint. It's only right that we too as parents/guardians of the child get in on the fun too so make sure you aren't in your best outfit either.
To Make this Simple Bunting
Then show the child how to do the activity. In this case we applied paint to a Mega Block as we don't have Duplo and printed on the white card. When this was finished we left the card to dry on the washing line. Once the card was dry I cut out the witches hats and put holes through the ends and threaded them together with string to create bunting. Here is our finished product.Kate’s first book 30 Halloween Crafts for Kids is available to buy on Amazon.
How are you planning on celebrating Halloween this year?
Disclosure: We were kindly given a pdf copy of just some of the activities featured in the book. All words and pictures included in this post are my own.
Linking up with #HalloweenHorrors


Might just give this a go! Can't believe Halloween is nearly upon us!
ReplyDeleteI know these seasons seem to be moving by so fast.
DeleteOh I'm so glad you liked it! Great idea to use the mega blocs - I'm a huge fan of adapting things with what you have on hand! x
ReplyDeleteAh phew I'm pleased you are happy that I tweaked the instructions just a little.
DeleteThis looks fun to make. I know my boys are keen to go trick or treat this year, but I think I'm working so that may spoil their plans #TriedTested
ReplyDeleteIt sure was. That's a shame.
DeleteWhat a great little halloween activity! My little one absolutely adores anything arts and crafts so would probably really enjoy this activity. Something we can give a go in half term I think :-) Emily #TwinklyTuesday
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they would. It's so simple and lots of fun.
DeleteIt sounds as though it is going to be a fun crafty Halloween at your house! Enjoy it! xx
ReplyDeleteThat's such a cute idea! We are having a little Halloween party this year and I love the idea of making our own decorations! #TuesdayTreasures
ReplyDeleteThe bunting was very easy to do and a lot of fun.
DeleteI'm not naturally crafty but there is something fun about doing it with the children, who love Halloween.
ReplyDeleteLike your hats, and we sometimes do our painting outside on the patio if it's dry and not too windy. Kids love it!
#mmbc
Seasons are great for introducing arts and crafts. Like the thought of doing it outside.
DeleteAh I love the bunting! Great idea. I love this time of year, too. My little guy is only really old enough to make a mess! I am not very creative but I think we will enjoy making things together when he's a bit older. #FamilyFun
ReplyDeleteThese were so simple that I'm sure you could do them as an ice breaker.
DeleteI love getting messy doing crafts. My boys are getting a bit old for crafting with me sadly, but I'm hoping I can motivate them to do something for Halloween, as somehing scary might still be seen as cool! #TuesdayTreasures
ReplyDeleteI'm sure there must be something suitable
DeleteOh this looks like lots of fun, my daughter absolutely loves painting, I have been known to let her paint in her nappy as I learnt the hard way that it does not come off clothes! This is a great themed activity and will be a nice way to break up our usual 'get the paints out and do what you like' routine. Thanks again for linking with #familyfun
ReplyDeleteIt was and so simple too. Oh no - better get the heating on if you are going to paint like that.
DeleteThanks for hosting
ReplyDeleteI was thinking you'd love this as I wrote it up.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fab idea and I also cannot believe Halloween is nearly here! The year has gone so fast. Thanks for linking up #bestandworst
ReplyDeleteIt sure has. We must have enjoyed it.
DeleteOh this looks like a fab idea! I can't believe it's October already...my little one is still a little young but can't wait to try crafty things with her next year. Thanks for linking up to #dreamteam x
ReplyDeleteIt was so simple to do but so much fun too. Time flies! I think it depends on the craft.
DeleteThanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting
DeleteI love halloween crafts well done for giving it a go!
ReplyDeleteThey sure are fun
DeleteThese are great, we will be doing some Halloween crafting soon too. Will have to try these! :) x
ReplyDeleteIt was so simple but so effective
DeleteI love reading posts about crafts, but my abilities to actually do them are limited to say the least lol. Sounds like a fab book for parents looking for some Halloween inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up to #HalloweenHorrors :)
Debbie