Review: 30 Halloween Crafts for Kids Book

As a child I grew up with a love of crafts, inspired by my adopted grandparents no doubt. Together we spent hours creating clay models and drawing faces and other things around the house. I recall one particular Halloween when they even dressed up for our amusement and used tomato puree as fake blood.

Halloween Hat Bunting


Now that I have my own children I have been inspired by Kate from Crafts on Sea and similar creative people to impart my love of arts and crafts on to my children. Kate’s first book 30 Halloween Crafts for Kids is the perfect ticket for celebrating this occasion. She has two children who love to create alongside her and years of experience so I find her reliable and reassuring.

Lego Printed Witches Hats

I decided to try recreating the 'Lego Printed Witches Hats' with my eldest and found this to be very simple even though she needed a bit of encouragement to get started.


Keeping the Mess at Bay

Little ones are prone to getting messy especially if paint is involved so make sure that you have a surface that you don't mind getting messy. We used the kitchen floor but a newspapered area or place with an inexpensive party table cover  provide the ideal setting for messy activities.

While old clothes and an old bib (or back to front shirt) that covers the little one's arms work wonderfully well for keeping them from getting completely covered in paint. It's only right that we too as parents/guardians of the child get in on the fun too so make sure you aren't in your best outfit either.

To Make this Simple Bunting

Then show the child how to do the activity. In this case we applied paint to a Mega Block as we don't have Duplo and printed on the white card. When this was finished we left the card to dry on the washing line. Once the card was dry I cut out the witches hats and put holes through the ends and threaded them together with string to create bunting. Here is our finished product.

Kate’s first book 30 Halloween Crafts for Kids is available to buy on Amazon.

How are you planning on celebrating Halloween this year?

Disclosure: We were kindly given a pdf copy of just some of the activities featured in the book. All words and pictures included in this post are my own.

Linking up with #HalloweenHorrors

Comments

  1. Might just give this a go! Can't believe Halloween is nearly upon us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know these seasons seem to be moving by so fast.

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you liked it! Great idea to use the mega blocs - I'm a huge fan of adapting things with what you have on hand! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah phew I'm pleased you are happy that I tweaked the instructions just a little.

      Delete
  3. This looks fun to make. I know my boys are keen to go trick or treat this year, but I think I'm working so that may spoil their plans #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little halloween activity! My little one absolutely adores anything arts and crafts so would probably really enjoy this activity. Something we can give a go in half term I think :-) Emily #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they would. It's so simple and lots of fun.

      Delete
  5. It sounds as though it is going to be a fun crafty Halloween at your house! Enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a cute idea! We are having a little Halloween party this year and I love the idea of making our own decorations! #TuesdayTreasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bunting was very easy to do and a lot of fun.

      Delete
  7. I'm not naturally crafty but there is something fun about doing it with the children, who love Halloween.
    Like your hats, and we sometimes do our painting outside on the patio if it's dry and not too windy. Kids love it!
    #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seasons are great for introducing arts and crafts. Like the thought of doing it outside.

      Delete
  8. Ah I love the bunting! Great idea. I love this time of year, too. My little guy is only really old enough to make a mess! I am not very creative but I think we will enjoy making things together when he's a bit older. #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were so simple that I'm sure you could do them as an ice breaker.

      Delete
  9. Love a bit of craft and can't wait for my son to get a bit older to enjoy this sort of thing. Great bunting 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking you'd love this as I wrote it up.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for linking up to #familyfun by th way

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love getting messy doing crafts. My boys are getting a bit old for crafting with me sadly, but I'm hoping I can motivate them to do something for Halloween, as somehing scary might still be seen as cool! #TuesdayTreasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there must be something suitable

      Delete
  12. Oh this looks like lots of fun, my daughter absolutely loves painting, I have been known to let her paint in her nappy as I learnt the hard way that it does not come off clothes! This is a great themed activity and will be a nice way to break up our usual 'get the paints out and do what you like' routine. Thanks again for linking with #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and so simple too. Oh no - better get the heating on if you are going to paint like that.

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a fab idea and I also cannot believe Halloween is nearly here! The year has gone so fast. Thanks for linking up #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this looks like a fab idea! I can't believe it's October already...my little one is still a little young but can't wait to try crafty things with her next year. Thanks for linking up to #dreamteam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so simple to do but so much fun too. Time flies! I think it depends on the craft.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love halloween crafts well done for giving it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great, we will be doing some Halloween crafting soon too. Will have to try these! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading posts about crafts, but my abilities to actually do them are limited to say the least lol. Sounds like a fab book for parents looking for some Halloween inspiration!
    Thanks for linking up to #HalloweenHorrors :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment