Autumnal Activities With The Kids

This morning we took a photo walk around where we live. It is something we have done before with the eldest but this time I had both girls with me and both have discovered their feet. They had a great time exploring muddy puddles by jumping in them and splashing the water with their hands.

Autumnal Activities With The Kids


Eldest also ran around in front of this wonderful wall of Autumnal coloured leaves. Don't you think it makes a great backdrop for photos? I wonder whether the owners of the property know that other villagers delight in seeing it.

Autumnal Activities With the Kids

We took a stroll down past the church to collect some of natures wonders to paint with later in the day. There were a few acorns, some sticks and plenty of leaves galore. I decided to pick the fallen leaves amongst the trees rather than the ones on the floor as primarily those on the floor were covered in dirt and secondly you never know where a dog has decided to plan it's toilet stop!

The Park

Autumnal Activities With The Kids

Then it was back towards home but not before stopping off at the park where the girls delighted in playing on the swings and things. There's a nearby tree that has shed lots of conkers and eldest has been having lots of fun opening them with her little feet so as not to get prickled and messed about with them when we've got home.

Leaf Rubbings


Autumnal Activities With The Kids


Once home we emptied our bag of findings on the table got out the crayons and did some leaf rubbings.

Painting With Foliage


Autumnal Activities With The Kids

 Then we tried out painting with some of the other finds like acorns, sticks and of course our fingers were itching to get in on the act too.

Art With Raspberries


Autumnal Activities With The Kids

We also tried some art with raspberries but I think blackberries may have worked better. The raspberries soon found their way into my daughters mouth instead!

So that's what we got up to yesterday and to be honest most of the week has seen much the same with a trip to Newbury, a couple of NCT sales and playgroup thrown into the mix too. We've also been tucking into homemade apple crumble and wrapping ourselves in throws draped over our sofas. I think this season is fast becoming my favourite.

What season is your favourite?

Country Kids from Coombe MillMission MindfulnessThe Reading ResidencePost Comment LoveNaptime NatterThe Tale of Mummyhood

Comments

  1. I love you autumnal activities and I love the idea of a photo walk X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss things like this as my kids have grown older. I really fancy a nature walk myself, maybe we should just do it!
    Those red and gold leaves really do make a great back drop for a photo.

    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely autumnal week, lots of fun for the girls. I do like autumn, but summer's my favourite season. Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love autumn! It's definitely my favourite season. Leaf rubbings, eating blackberry crumble, it's not too hot or too cold, all the colours around are remarkable... Totally with you ;) #Blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is my favourite season and these are such lovely fun ideas for kids. The leaf rubbings look really cool and what fun to paint with different bits of nature. I haven't spotted any conkers this year yet so maybe an afternoon walk today to do some of these! #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a lovely time....What a great walk.
    That wall of leaves is just fantastic. A fashion type blogger would love something like that. hehehe and what a great idea painting with foliage x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely time and love the idea of painting with foliage and picking leaves carefully #blogstravangzar

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some great ideas here. I really should go on a photo walk with my children, my son in particular would love it. I like the idea of painting with leaves (although I'm not too sure about the raspberries!) Autumn is my favourite season by far. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has given me some great ideas for activities with the girls! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been doing some Autumn crafts too - love the leaf rubbings will have to try that one :) #Blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to couple a nature walk with art. The pictures are lovely. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're giving your children such fun adventures on an autumn day. As a youngster I dearly loved playing in piles of leaves, jumping in puddles and trying to create crafty beauty. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these ideas. There are some beautiful colours around this time of year, although I must admit I'm more of a spring girl with it's promise of warmth to come! #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... those red leaves are so beautiful! We went on a bit of a wet leaf walk this weekend but brought home some goodies so I'm going to try painting with the leaves. I also love the idea of smashing the raspberries. We found some blackberries so I may try smashing those. Thanks for the inspiration. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a good idea, my daughter loves collecting leaves! #thesatsesh

    ReplyDelete
  16. The autumn colours are so beautiful, and perfect with all the conkers and fallen leaves to play in! Sounds like a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A photo walk is such a lovely idea. I love autumn and all the crafts you can do, we'll definitely be doing some leaf rubbing too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. #thesatsesh ohhh i love this, and would have totally eaten the raspberries also! My son is allergic to anything creative, so I'm jealous of these activities... one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah that wall of leaves is just so beautiful what a great find! and I used to love leaf rubbing and painting with the boys when they were little x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like a lovely day to me with a great mix of activities for the girls. That trailing leaf wall really is the perfect photo backdrop. Like you we have been deep in autumn leaf crafts here. There is so much to do with everything falling to the ground just crying out to be collected and created with. Leaf rubbing is one we haven't done this year yet, may be next week!

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great way to enjoy a walk. And, some lovely activities to try out back at home too! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colour of those leaves, so vibrant. There's nothing better than cosying up after a nice walk to do some autumnal crafts on a chilly day! #Countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you've been doing some fun nature-based activities. I love those leaves - what a beautiful backdrop for photos :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous pictures! I love autumnal colours! Leaf rubbing is such a good idea - will have to get my girls having a go at some.
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so many lovely Autumn activities! Conker hunting is one of our favourites! And I agree - I LOVE that red, leafy backdrop! Perfect for photos #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the colors of the leaves!!! #BlogCrush

    ReplyDelete
  27. Picked some beautiful red leaves off some hanging vines today, jut like the ones in your photo. I like your idea of picking them off the plant rather than the ground so they're not so manky! Popping back from this week's #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
  28. What lovely Autumnal activities. We love doing stuff like this too and have just come back from a walk with a bag full of conkers, pinecones etc. I see what you mean with the wall of red leaves, makes a fab backdrop!

    Thanks so much for sharing with #MMBC. Hope to see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love those leaves, the colours are absolutely gorgeous! #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
  30. Autumn's definitely our favourite time of year. Such great ideas! Thanks for linking up #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment