We Can All Be Heroes If Just For One Day

My eldest is at that age where she sees a fellow child doing something and she wants to do it too! From skimming stones in Lake Windermere to scaling the play equipment at the play park. She wants to do it all and I try to encourage her and will her on. As long as I think she is ok to do the activity of course.

DIY Superhero Cuffs

Feeling the Fear and Overcoming it

On Wednesday we headed to the town play park and true to nature she headed up the climbing apparatus like everyone else only to find herself struggling. I considered going to her rescue until I saw a little boy come to aid her thanks to him listening to his mother. I called out to her with encouraging words and thanked the boy and his mother. As they reached the end they went down the slide only to call out 'again!'. We dissuaded them from doing so but it was fantastic to see them elated with their achievement.The little boy was her hero that day and I'm thankful that there are fellow people out there willing to help.

Would you step in or let them learn that other children can be a wonderful source of help?

Superhero Cuffs

The other day I discovered my eldest had decided that she was going to imitate a well known puppy in an advert. You know the one where the toilet paper is strewn everywhere!  Of course I was frustrated with her antics but seeing her play with the empty toilet roll led me to facilitating her play further and together we came up with a cuff for a superhero. It looks like she may want to save all animals with this superhero cuff hey?

To make this simple superhero cuff 


We took one empty toilet roll and covered it in paint. Once we'd left it to dry we added washi to the top, middle and bottom of the roll and used pva to glue images on too. I told you it was simple hey? Of course the beauty of this craft is that you could use a multitude of other things to decorate the roll such as foam pieces, scraps of magazine, adhesive paper to make it look out of this world amazing.

So whether you find crafts with kids a challenge or your kids simply fancy playing superhero for the day. This is a craft that I'm certain you will find simple and lots of fun to make.

Naptime NatterThe Tale of Mummyhood

Comments

  1. Love the idea of Super Hero cuffs! I'd step in if need be but keep SN eye on what's happening and see if it can be resolved between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely lovely thing to happen! And these cuffs are so fab. Aiden often runs around wearing toilet tubes but now I think I'll paint them with him or do like you have! #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it a bit odd at first too but maybe it is just them exploring and using their creativity

      Delete
  3. Why do they love unravelling the toilet roll so much, mine are the same!? The cuff looks fab though, all well that ends well! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new activity in our house. I'm unsure what made her do it but she sure enjoyed being creative with them.

      Delete
  4. My kids love playing superheroes. My daughter copies her elder brother in everything and my youngest is starting to follow suit now too... Thanks for linking up to #Blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless them. My youngest has always kept watch over what her sister can and cant get away with.

      Delete
  5. Love this craft idea, we have so any empty toilet rolls so will give this one a go. How sweet of that little boy too!xx #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. Do let me know how you get on.

      Delete

Post a Comment