Picking plums in Grandma and Grandad's garden

Growing fruit is in no way confined to our garden and that of our grandparents (on my husband's side). We are also keeping it in the family when it comes to my parents too for as long as I can recall they've always had fruit trees in the garden. We don't have room in our garden for apple trees but oh my are we treated to the fruit that bares forth from these trees while there's still plentiful for my parents too.

Picking plums in Grandma's garden

On Sunday we made the most of a bright sunny Summers day and headed straight to my parents after a carboot sale of course. The girls initially started off by an eagerness to fill up the paddling pool easily locating the tap to switch on the water and eagerly awaiting the pool being full enough for them to go paddling.

After a quick dip my eldest decided to exhaust the dog by running him around the garden till he couldn't take any more. According to my mum he kept sitting on his bottom before being whisked off again by my eldest.

Picking plums in Grandma's garden

Once we'd had a spot of lunch my eldest, her Grandmother and my husband headed up to the top of the garden to see the plums and apples that had ripened and filled up a bag to take home with us. As you can see she appears to have acquired a head for heights. I think she may get that from me! As long as she doesn't follow my steps of leaning out of a window eating grapes only for the neighbours to get her down we should be ok.  Got to have eyes everywhere with this gorgeous one.

Have you done any fruit picking this Summer?

Country Kids from Coombe MillThe PramshedCuddle FairyPost Comment Love

Comments

  1. My neighbor has plum trees and while I haven't picked them this year, she did bring me a whole bag of yellow plums. #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to grow plum trees in our garden. It looks as though your daughter had fun! #BloggerClubUK

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too hot right now in Florida for fruit, but in a few months, citrus will be ripe. There are plenty of u pick places too. Much of our produce is grown in cooler weather months starting in December, January through April. Strawberries are big in February and blueberry season follows thru May. Alas apples do not do well in Florida. Too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah citrus fruits are lovely. Thank you for enlightening me regards American fruit season.

      Delete
  4. So jealous of how good these plums look - my grandparents have plums growing but think they're still 2-3 weeks away.

    https://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your grandparents plums swill be just as good when they arrive

      Delete
  5. Ah how lovely! I remember going to cornwall as a young child and picking strawberries from my Popa's greenhouse! #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw that is a wonderful garden your parents have there. It must be a grandparent trait. We are off to stay with Nick's Mum tomorrow for a few days and I know we will be raiding her lovely plum trees too. We have a few at the farm but they never grow as well or have as much fruit. Mind you Nick replanted them this year as they were in the way of his latest project which probably explains why they are far from flourishing! I hope we have the same lovely sunny weather as you did for our grandparent garden time.

    Thank you for sharing such lovely photos on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've only known them to have apple trees before so it came as a surprise to find plums too. I'm afraid I don't know what makes for successful plum harvesting will have to ask them.

      Delete
  7. Aww! It sounds like such a lovely day!
    Fruit picking is such fun. It looks like your girl is having a great time. She really has no fear. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At that age I'm sure they don't know the word.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a wonderful garden and how amazing to have easy access to your own fruit, especially plums as good ones often seem so hard to track down! We'll be heading out for our annual blackberrying expedition before too long as they are starting to come ripe. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm certain the girls would love to go on a blackberry expedition too.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely shot of your daughter & her grandmother picking fruit. It's such a lovely way for kiddies to learn. Thank you for sharing with us at #BloggerClubUK x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a great action shot for sure hubby took.

      Delete
  10. Lovely pictures and sounds like a great day! We have raspberries in the garden which my daughter and I both enjoy picking. My youngest at 19 months tends to eat rather than pick! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fruit picking was on my list, but we never got round to it this summer! What a lovely way to spend the day. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea. Our plum tree isn't really accessible - otherwise I would steal this idea hehe #CountryKid x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite a little dare devil - but for home grown plums and apples I'd be tempted too! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment