Word of the Week: Reflecting

This week has been spent deep in thought reflecting on our adventures during the month that we've all thoroughly enjoyed and all the things I've Liked and Loved about the month too. Although it is sad to leave one month behind it’s always lovely to reflect back on the positives and consider your dreams and intentions for the next month. When the girls are old enough I’d love to have their input too I'm sure the eldest would be stating she wanted to go to CBeebies Land and Thomas Land for starters.

Word of the Week: Reflecting



Linkys


Word of the Week: Reflecting

This time of the month also causes a lot of us to reflect on what has been working and what hasn't been working quite so well. One of the changes I'm considering making is giving up on the odd linky here and there. I love linkys but feel that I'm part of so many that it’s time to reconsider how many I'm a part of. I have noticed that certain bloggers don’t join in with linkys at all which is a shame because I've come across a number of lovely bloggers through them. The linkys I love will be noted down in my month at a view planner and I will prepare my posts accordingly.

Video Footage




Looking through my Youtube subscribes I noticed that little Athena of Very Much So recently turned one and I absolutely loved watching the vlog her mother created for her. Sadly we have little to no footage of our babies growing up and this saddens me. Talking to the lovely Sarah behind the blog Extraordinary Chaos has given me a great desire in purchasing a video recorder and camera in one. So going forward I would like to grab this camera with both hands and video my little ones so they've got something of their childhood to look back upon.

#30DaysWild 


Word of the Week: Reflecting


And finally, I've decided to not dedicate every day this month to posting about #30DaysWild and spend more time with the family instead. I'm sure we will do some things related to nature during the month just not every day and I will be popping over to those blogs I love and showing them so love as they attempt the challenge.


How have you found this week?

Twin Mummy and DaddyMorgan PrinceThe Reading Residence

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about linkys since running my own I find it harder to join so many but I do miss them. #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly are some lovely ones to be a part of and I can understand your perspective having commented lots on linkys. The great side of that though is that you find lots of great blogs to read and ideas for places to go next etc.

      Delete
  2. Blogging had to take a bit of a side step this week as we have been moving house. So in answer to your question I have found this week very tiring! 😉 #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The months are just flying by aren't they ! I often contemplate the linkys I take part in, I do love joining in but they can be time consuming. Hope June is a successful month for you. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarily so! I hear you or should that be read you? Thank you

      Delete
  4. Lots to reflect upon this week. Oh yes, my kids love CBeebiesland and Thomasland, they are fun days out. I rarely video my two either, so I really must make more of an effort with that, thanks for the nudge x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. We've yet to go but wonder when the best age is to go.

      Delete
  5. I have massively cut down on linkys as just found the time and commenting too much! I can get this totally. Hope you have a lovely June! xx #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a week off work as it's half term, so I have found this week tiring but so productive! xx #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah productive is great as long as you are getting enjoyment from it too

      Delete
  7. Reflecting is good. I love joining in the 30DaysWild, but I couldn't blog about it every day either. I do like to post a photo or two on Instagram each day and have found it a great way to find other people doing the same. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not got into the whole instagram side but have read about lots of lovely groups on there.

      Delete
  8. I love linkys, but what I'm struggling with is the lack of interaction from other bloggers who join in, share their posts, but don't visit others to share the love back. I'm not looking for an increase in hits on my blog, i just love the interaction, hence why i read and comment on every post in every linky i join in with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read you it's awful to read that a number of people are linking up and running. They are missing out on lots of lovely posts to read.

      Delete
  9. Linkies are so hard went they, I am strict and stick to a few I love as there isnt the time and Monday Escapes takes up days but I love it so much. Its os frustrating when people don't get involved in the spirit of the linky. And thanks for the mention, I love that we have lots of family memories but I am having trouble knowing where to store it all at the mo as my Mac is not happy with the 20k plus photos I have on it, I have thousands in snapfish, and drop box oh and Amazon cloud so I need to get them all together in one place arghhh but its a massive task x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great that you stick to what you are passionate about. 20k is a lot of photos. I've read that some people like to pull their photos all together at the end of the year and create a book of them which sounds a lovely way to look back upon the year.

      Delete
  10. I hope you're enjoying 30DaysWild - I do love seeing the daily updates from everyone, but family time is of course lovely and more important than posting daily. Wishing you and the your family a wonderful June!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoughtful reflections. I'm not great at taking video footage but I'm trying to do more - I just use my phone. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think that having a phone isn't a bad idea after all.

      Delete
  12. I love linkies too but they are time consuming and I've made a conscious effort to really cut back on the ones I join in with now. Good luck with taking more video footage of your girls. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lovely week. I need to try taking more videos:) #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a lovely way to capture the moment

      Delete
  14. Hi Helena, the end of a month is always a good time for reflection. Before I started hosting #MMBC with Jayne I used to partake in a lot of linkies, but now I rarely do, not for any other reason apart from a lack of time. I do miss it in a way as I met a lot of brilliant bloggers through link ups.

    I have very little footage of when my two were younger, I didn't take many photos either! #badmum! Even if you start videoing your girls now you'll not have missed out on too much.

    Spending more time with the family seems like a good thing to aim for, it will give you a good excuse to get that camera and start filming!

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's true. I can understand how much time and effort goes in to running a linky. You are right that you tend to meet lots of great bloggers through linkys too and many of them can help cheer you on.

      I'm sure your littlies don't see you as #badmum but one with a wonderful caring heart.

      Delete

Post a Comment