Photography, Capsule Wardrobes and Hubby's Birthday #LittleLoves

I'm usually lucky in that the girls are really good sleepers. However, ever since getting up for a carboot sale at the weekend and with sickness the girls’ routine has been thrown into chaos this week. As a result we are feeling a little sleep deprived and unfortunately we can’t nap when the girls do for they usually do it at different times.



Photography, Capsule Wardrobes and Hubby's Birthday #LittleLoves





I've not read much this week except for lots and lots of blog posts. This post 'Social Media is Fake...but that's ok!' by Kirsty of the Winnettes, stood out to me. It features a little potted history of photography and her thoughts on capturing photos of everyday life.







Tally ThatQuirkyGirl is a new vlogger to me but I am already enjoying her videos on planning and capsule wardrobes. It’s great that she’s combined both in her bullet journal and I've been inspired to try it out. 







I've heard that many people have been hearing as to which school their child is due to attend come the following academic year. I assumed that children would naturally attend the closest school to where they live so this has come as a surprise to me.






Photography, Capsule Wardrobes and Hubby's Birthday #LittleLoves

My hubby turned 30 something this week and he's a bit of a Star Wars fan so I made this bunting with the help of eldest. What do you think?






Photography, Capsule Wardrobes and Hubby's Birthday #LittleLoves

Fleur de Force's book The Glam Guide is also a good book for building up your wardrobe essentials. Her basics are black and white and that's what I've been wearing this week. My next aim is to get some white tops and insert a bit of colour back into my wardrobe. 





Photography, Capsule Wardrobes and Hubby's Birthday #LittleLoves

I picked up a few dressing up pieces for the girls at a carboot sale on Sunday. I also picked up a doctor’s kit too that the eldest has enjoyed playing with and had one failed purchase as part of one game I bought was missing! I've noticed a couple of people vlogging their carboot sale experiences and they've been really interesting to me.

What have your highlights of the week been?


Coffee Work Sleep RepeatMorgan PrinceThe Reading ResidenceTwin Mummy and Daddy

Comments

  1. I love car boots sales, I haven't been to one for so long! Might have to see if I can find one on Sunday. Love the look of The Glam Guide.. must look out for that x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll never know what you may find at a carboot sale. Nothing ventured = nothing gained.

      Delete
  2. Loving the Star Wars themed bunting, such a great little make and so effective.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great car boot finds, I'm sure the girls will love them. Oh yes, the school place thing tends to be a bit trickier than that, rather frustratingly! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping to get quite a collection together for them. I wonder when the school place thing changed.

      Delete
  4. Love the bunting. I do love personalised bunting. I hope he had a good birthday. Your car boot sale finds are perfect. They even go with your upcycled shoes. Very clever. I think most people choose the closest school, but it is good to have the choice, as schools are not the same by a long shot. What suits one child does not suit another and the headteacher can make a huge difference. Worth doing your research. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He spent most of it at work but they celebrated it too. I'm pleased I picked up white shoes now. Thank you for your input about schools I appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Love those dress up outfits. My little one used to be obsessed with his doctors kit. Hope you get the girls' routine sorted again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Not bad for £2 each hey? The Frozen one was picked up for 50p but alas has no cape.

      Delete
  6. I love car boot sales great week you have had Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what treasures you'll find hey?

      Delete
  7. I havent been to a boot sale in years but you can always pick up a great bargain cant you, we have just had a huge toy clear out and need to start ebay them, it takes os much time but is so worth it, and you so should you tube a boot sale x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly can do. I like to have something in my hand before making a purchase but have had a few bargains through ebay too.

      Delete
  8. I'm so tempted to go to a car boot sale, but I'm meant to be decluttering. Might need to go and do some "research" to see if I could sell at one. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bunting - hope you had a good day celebrating. I like the idea of a capsule wardrobe but not sure I could base mine around black and white as I do like a lot of colour, although maybe I'm more of a navy girl? Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie. I agree about loving colour but black and white is a good basis.

      Delete

Post a Comment