My Monthly Bucket List - May

This month has seen me feel much better after the cough and cold that pinned me down last month. The girls have been waking us up as the sun streams through their windows and hubby has been eager to get us all outdoors to reach 11,000 geocaches.


April Love – I took part in April Love with Susannah Conway by photographing a few of the prompted things but I'm not sure that prompts always work for me as I'm not sure I’ll use the photos afterwards. Still practising photography is never a bad thing when it comes to blogging right?



Celebrate Easter  - We had a lovely Easter I do admit that our only Easter egg hunt was that at the nearby toddler group but still eldest took part in one. I will have to make more of a conscious effort to source out local ones to us. I've seen a few children take part in different kinds of hunts over the Easter period due to reading many posts linked up to Coombe Mill’s Country Kids linky.

Making our house a home - I've not done much in the way of making our house more a home this month. I did get my girls some bunting that has been hanging up in their rooms since I brought it back though. I love the nature/festival type vibe that is running through their room now.


Get Outdoors - We have been making the most of the lovely weather this month and got outside for many an adventure. You can read more about our adventures in this post here.

Make Yep I still have not got round to creating the girls quilt! I've got it all ready sat there and ready to go though. I've even got two sewing boxes now so I need to organise those more and get on with it.


 Read –I've been enjoying reading seasonal books with the girls and have added to my ever growing collection too. I'm still working through Girl Boss though presently, I know slow progress but progress none the less.

So that is how I've faired in the month of April now onto May this year is sure going quickly! 

I would like to do the following:
  • Go on a Gruffalo Hunt 
  • Try Out Using a Bullet Journal
  • Finish Girl Boss and Discover Another Good Read
  • Continue Doing Upcycling Projects
  • Makeover My Bedroom

What have you been up to this month?

Two Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Diary of an Imperfect MumDear Bear and BeanyMum Muddling Through


Comments

  1. Sounds like you have really got going with the improvements and have lots of ideas! Hope you are feeling better and you can get out and about as planned. Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling much better thanks and looking forward to all the good things May has in store for us.

      Delete
  2. I've seen bullet journals in some blogs but still not quite sure what they are so looking forward to finding out how you get on :) #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed with your cache figure puts my 64 to shame 😂
    Ooo good luck with your bullet journal, I enjoyed it for a fair few months when I needed to be organised, now I'm not as interested in being organised so I have slipped a bit, does work though! A gruffalo hunt sounds good, have a good month 😀 ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Numbers aren't the be all. The fun is in exploring our world and meeting others.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've had a busy month! We've also been loving the outdoors recently, although it's been pretty cold again this week! Impressed that you're making the quilt yourself I'm sure it will all be worth it #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do like to do lots of things. I agree it's got colder in the UK.

      Delete
  5. I love the colours, so bright and cheerful X #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to go away for 2 nights and 3 days with my husband while my mom stayed to look after the girls. First break away in 6 years. You can check out my adventures on my blog.
    What is a bullet journal - I think I should google that.
    #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it's good to get away sometimes and lovely for your children to have some bonding time with their Grandma. My hubby and I have yet to go away that long. A bullet journal (bujo) helps keep us organised.

      Delete
  7. Hi Helena, wow! Nearly 11,000 geocaches? That is a impressive and crazy amount of geocaches! This time of year I can understand how hard it is to stay in to make your house a home, being outside is far more fun. Taking photos and blogging go hand in hand, so it does make sense to practice.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree lots of fun can be had outside enjoying the Great British countryside. Taking photos helps to remember it.

      Delete
  8. I love your flower photos and the pictures of what you have been doing. We have been enjoying the weather and being able to spend more time in the garden and in the park now that it is getting warmer! It looks like you have some fun things planned for May. #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hubby and I both take photos for our blog. I've taken 3/4 on this post. It's fantastic to get out to the park. Both my girls love the swings and slide.

      Delete
  9. You can absolutely never get enough photography practice in when you're a blogger!
    Lovely list, thanks for sharing with #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to practice your photography. We have been reading some seasonal books at school too. It is nice being able to get out more! Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is great to get out and about and discover more about the world we live in. Which books have you read? Photography comes with blogging.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had a great month getting out and about, I really need to start geocaching, my son would love it. Good luck with you goals for May, I love my bullet journal. I've been thinking of buying girl boss too so I'd be interested to hear what you think of it x
    #Bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been lucky with the weather. I think that if it had been raining we would be having cabin fever round about now! Have you written about your bujo on your blog I'd love to read about it if you have. I'll bear in mind writing a review of the book thank you. x

      Delete
  12. The sunshine is great but what is with all the colds and sniffles around? AHHHH! I totally need to work on my photography too. #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you've been feeling better this month - it's lovely to get outside once spring hits! I love refreshing the bookshelf with seasonal favourites for my son too - it's a nice way to mix it up. Good luck with your Gruffalo hunting - we seem to do this fairly regularly and we love it! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. We've been trying to get out to the park as much as possible while the sun shines. Seasonal favs are great for introducing the season and we thoroughly enjoyed hunting down the Gruffalo over the weekend.

      Delete
  14. Wow, I don't know much about geocaching but that sounds pretty impressive to me! #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment