#MyFamilyAdventures – May

As I sit here reflecting on what the month of May revealed to us. I'm struck by the fact that despite it starting out as a month that looked like it could have been a complete wash out we've also experienced hot and sunny days allowing for more than one adventure along the way.

My Family Adventures - May

Westonbirt Arboretum 

My Family Adventures - May

We started by ticking off one of the activities on My Monthly Bucket List for May i.e.. Go on a Gruffalo Hunt. Despite there being a number of Gruffalo Trails scattered throughout the UK I believe. My hubby decided to plump for doing the one at Westonbirt Arboretum. A wonderful place, that aims to educate us all about the natural environment in which we live alongside. It is also home to a wide variety of plant and tree. 

Tetbury

My Family Adventures - May


On the return journey home we stopped off at Tetbury. Taking our geocache finds above 11,000. We started geocaching before the children were born and we love that on numerous occasions they have led us to explore places throughout the world we may well not have otherwise seen. We were charmed by the history of Tetbury, particularly the connection to the railway. 

Cirencester

My Family Adventures - May


Our next stop was rather an impromptu one as our gps had not uploaded geocaches in Malmesbury so we decided to visit neighbouring Cirencester. There we delighted in seeing the earthworks of the old roman amphitheatre and did a spot of shopping.

Roves Farm

My Family Adventures - May

Roves Farm is a great place that we've had the pleasure of visiting before. It is home to a number of animals from alpacas to pigs and cattle. It also happens to be home to one of my favourite geocaches as it is filled with children’s books.

Bath & The Thames

My Family Adventures - May

Finally, we had a visit from our French relatives that led to a roam around Bath and we also had a lovely circular walk taking in the Thames in our home county of Oxfordshire.

That’s it for my family adventures in May. I wonder what June will have in store for us.  

Where have you and your family adventured to this month?

Country Kids from Coombe MillNaptime NatterRhyming with Winelife as our little familyPlutonium SoxReflections From Me

Comments

  1. I had to go look up Gruffalo trails as I hadn't heard of the book. Now I want to read it too. Great family adventures this month #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author has released a number of books including this one which is fantastic.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your geocaching adventures, such a great way to explore. Thanks so much for joining in with #MyFamilyAdventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have had some wonderful days out...
    Hopefully the weather will continue to to nice.
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous month of adventures! Interesting to hear you talk about geocaching - I looked into it a couple of year's ago but never started! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've done a great job of getting out and exploring. Bath is just beautiful isn't it? We were there a few weeks ago. #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. Unfortunately, we mislaid our camera so couldn't take any photos!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you have enjoyed such a lovely month of adventures!! Lets hope June brings much the same for you :) #MyFamilyAdventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly have. Thanks for commenting and the lovely wish.

      Delete
  7. Wow looks like you had a jam packed month of adventures. I hope June is just as great for you #familytraveltips

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember each one of these lovely trips, what a lovely way to record the month and wow to 11,000 geocaches. Now I feel bad that I've still not tried searching for one! You do live in a lovely area with so many interesting places to visit, I particularly loved the amphitheater, you could really see the original structure even today. I'm already looking forward to what exciting adventures you find for June.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to live fairly central (in the south anyway) with lovely history everywhere. We've done little in the north but as your linky reflects there are lovely places to explore across the UK. We've been geocaching since we got together and have done some fairly long walks clocking up the amount we've found.

      Delete
  9. Wow, 11,000 geocaches, that's amazing! I've looked for a couple but never found one. I think I need some lessons! It sounds like you've had an exciting month. Thanks so much for linking up to #FamilyTravelTips.
    Nat.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww did the people before you find it and leave suggestions as to where they may be?

      Delete
  10. You have been busy! May is really a nice mix of sunny and rainy days. And it gave us parents a chance to go out and enjoy the outside with the kids. Hope you will have a busier June ahead. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly was a variety of different weather,

      Delete
  11. What a busy month. i loved your post on the Gruffalo trail! #familytraveltips

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sound of this Geocache - I need to check it out. We have had a busy May but have not ventured due to the revision timetable of our teens. Looking forward to the end of June when it is all over. #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your children do well in their exams and you enjoy the holidays together

      Delete
  13. You've certainly been out and about quite a bit. That's an amazing geocache total. We've still not go

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been lovely to have such a sunshine-y, warm May, hasn't it! And it certainly looks like you guys have been making the most of it. I definitely need to look into geocaching because, having read lots of bloggers post about it, I think our family would really enjoy it! #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the weather here or be it a bit too hot now and again for my liking. It would be great to read about your adventures if you decide to embark upon them.

      Delete
  15. Wow your month has been so busy! It looks like you've had great fun :-) Thanks for linking up to #dreamteam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the way we like it. You're welcome. x

      Delete
  16. What a great month. June isn't starting well weather wise but from this I am hopeful for the rest of the month. I didn't know about the Roman amphitheatre in Cirencester and that's not far from us so will take the boys - thank you. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was. Pleased to read that I've inspired you to explore the area.

      Delete
  17. Your geocaching exploits always seem a fun way to explore new areas. It was an outdoor packed month. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are. We love outdoor adventures.

      Delete
  18. Looks like you've had lots of lovely adventures. I'm very impressed by your geocache tally! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly like to cram a lot in to a couple of days or so. We've been geocaching for a few years so clocked up many before the children came along.

      Delete

Post a Comment