My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

This week it feels as though we've been invaded by our French family. I jest of course but French has been the dominant language in the house this week with little English spoken although I imagine they know more than they let on. The house too has been transformed as we like the lived in approach while my relatives opt for hotel standard. 

My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

I have continued to read through the spiritual book Digging for Diamonds by Cathy Madavan. I'm getting through a chapter a night and thoroughly been enjoying it. 



My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

I've not watched much in the way of television or anything on youtube as we've had my mother in law and her partner staying with us. So does my watching of the children interacting with their French family count? 

My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

As you can imagine I've not been making anything particular this week so I've nothing to really report. I did turn one of the under bed storage containers into a temporary paddling pool though as my eldest discovered when the sun comes out it can be quite hot underfoot! She thoroughly enjoyed herself and I'm now considering getting them a proper paddling pool and sand pit. 


My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

We went to Bath and unfortunately lost our French family on the way! However, I did strike it lucky when it came to finding sandals just in time for the summer. I love these colours and think they’ll get a lot of wear before the winter rolls around again. I of course couldn't resist getting my girls new shoes too. 


My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

My youngest has started saying Mamma which is so adorable. Now I've got them both calling for my attention bless them. Apparently my eldest has been reciting little bits of French too and her relatives think she’s rather an intelligent little one. 

My Daughters, New Shoes and the Weather #LittleLoves

I think a lot of people may well note this as one of their little loves the weather. I felt lucky to spot a rainbow recently although I've yet to discover the elusive pot of gold! 

What have your highlights of the week been?


KCACOLSCoffee Work Sleep RepeatThe Reading ResidenceTwin Mummy and Daddy

Comments

  1. The weather has been lovely this week. How lovely to have your French family staying with you even if it feels like you might have been taken over a little. Good idea to use the underbed storage containers for an impromptu paddling pool! I love the colours of your new sandals :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the in-laws to stay can be testing at the best of times! Sounds like you've embraced it though - any tips on staying sane are most welcome?! Wonderful that your children will be bilingual though. I always fancied marrying a Frenchman but opted for Buckinghamshire instead! Lovely to hear your highlights. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have your family with you, sounds fun. And yes, watching your children is always a beautiful thing to watch x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to have family staying over for a short while isn't it! Like you though, I prefer the lived in look so I'm not always ready for company! Love the sandals fingers crossed we get some more lovely weather to wear them! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness. I hope you found your french family again. I have images of them wandering around some where near Bath. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather has been beautiful sounds a good week for you Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had a lovely week:) and the weather was fabulous !
    #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh it must be lovely to have bilingual children. Sounds like you've had a week full of love. We don't seem to have stopped. We spent last week in blissful scotland. It was truly magical. I started reading my book of hygge. Really interesting. I wore lots of clothes that showed more of me than I'd like, but it's been fecking hot and needs must. No more hiding in a giant cardi allowed.

    Thanks for linking up.
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds a great week and I'd definitely encourage the french language, i'm sure it's something that would be so so helpful for both your girls. And love the sandals, isn't it great to finally wear something more summery ! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather was lovely last week wasn't it? Leaves a lot to be desired this week though....

    Love your sandals by the way! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment