Digging for Diamonds, De-cluttering and Decorating #LittleLoves

If there is one word that stands out this week it must be 'change'. From starting a new book that I've been thoroughly enjoying to decorating our master bedroom again. There have been a number of changes in our home recently and all have been warmly welcomed. 

Digging for Diamonds, De-cluttering and Decorating #LittleLoves







Digging for Diamonds, De-cluttering and Decorating #LittleLoves

My first Little Love of the week is the new book I've been reading. After finishing #GirlBoss I have moved on to more of a spiritual read as I've opted for Digging for Diamonds by Cathy Madavan. This is an empowering book, looking at the human spirit in terms of identity, strength and character. It is also rather humorous in parts and already I've found myself giggling. 




Another area in which change has occurred is that of home improvements. I started by sorting out the kitchen food cupboard having viewed Claire Witt’s video on de-cluttering. I'm not sure how I came about watching it for I usually dismiss this kind of video considering it as boring but it spurred me to get on with sorting out the cupboard and I felt better as a result. 



Digging for Diamonds, De-cluttering and Decorating #LittleLoves


Changes have also been occurring in the master bedroom in an aim to fall back in love with it. Having put my energy into the girls’ bedroom and falling in love with it, our bedroom has become quite a dumping zone. Obviously it needed to be sorted out and I also wanted to reflect our love of nature. So I've gathered together canvases of flowers in my favourite colours and taken a couple of cards from the packet pictured above and turned them into inserts for photo frames. I've also bought a new duvet set, a blanket and a jug.







Digging for Diamonds, De-cluttering and Decorating #LittleLoves


There’s nothing new to report in terms of clothing. Yes I've been wearing them and particularly love my grey jacket, jean jeggings and stripy top. With the sun making it's presence occasionally it's becoming clearer I'm in need of treating myself to some sandals. I am constantly living in my boots but I don’t think they go well with my skirt. A little pair of black sandals would do and no heel. 








One of my loves has always been dancing and the other day I tried searching for some good dance music. I ended up listening to music from Moana not exactly what I had in mind but it has made me look forward to the time the girls are interested in Disney films. 






Our bathroom also had an update this week as the mirror smashed. Thankfully nobody was hurt and the mirror originally came from a carboot sale so wasn't that expensive. 

What have you been up to this week?

Coffee Work Sleep RepeatMorgan PrinceThe Reading ResidenceTwin Mummy and Daddy

Comments

  1. Sounds like your house is getting a real makeover this week! There's something catchy about that Moana soundtrack - my two love it so I usually end up watching/listening to it at some point during the day. I need to do some decluttering - perhaps that video will spur me on! Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I was only aiming to sort our bedroom out!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the finished bedroom - I remember you saying you wanted to do something with it. Love the pictures of the roses :) Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There's certainly a few floral images now.

      Delete
  3. 'Hopping over from PoCoLo... It sounds like you've had a great week! Thanks for the book review, it sounds like something I would like. What have I been doing? Well, I'm afraid I am pretty wrapped up in work these days. This weekend though, we plan to visit my favorite place for garden statues. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like a spiritual read it's certainly one to consider. Work is great if you enjoy it. Will you be sharing photos of the garden statues on your blog?

      Delete
  4. I love Moana too and don't mind at all when my girls want to listen to the soundtrack.
    Having a little refresh and change around always helps me to enjoy a room again too. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! What great changes.
    Those photo frames look fab! Well done x
    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be something in the air because I have been sorting out too. I love a good book to get stuck into X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids have the Moana soundtrack so I hear it a lot - it's good, and now you have me singing it! You've reminded me that I need to clear our cupboards out, thank you x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful positive changes. Maybe not the mirror, but the rest of your changes sound good. The rose pictures are lovely.#wotw

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the rose pictures so simple but effective, go get those sandals, it will give you so many more options of what to wear. Popping over from #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helena, I'm not one for watching videos on how to declutter the house, but you have got me thinking that maybe I should! There's nothing like a good read, especially one that gets you giggling.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your outfit - so nicely smart casual. Your bedroom is going to be beautiful too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been looking for a new book to read will take a look at this one. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Moana and the rock is truly brilliant Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures look lovely I love having a room revamp it feels so refreshing, and Digging For Diamonds looks fab, have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds a great week - and that book looks interesting so I'll be investigating further. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta love a home makeover even if it's just a few touches. You'll be in your element when your girls are into the Disney movies. Love Disney. ❤️
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment