What Books Are In The Girls Easter Basket This Year?

If you saw my Easter basket for the girls in my latest Little Loves post you may have wondered what it consisted of. A selection of cuddly toys, a couple of drinks containers a DVD and books. All these things were gathered over time and some are from last years Easter. Shush don't tell the girls ok? 

What Books Are In The Girls Easter Basket This Year?

Of course my favourite part of this little basket apart from the bunnies are the books that slotted into the back. Are you sitting comfortably then I will begin to tell you all about the ones I included this year.

What Books Are In The Girls Easter Basket This Year?

That’s Not My Bunny – a delightful little book that is great for babies and toddlers alike. Each page has a different rabbit and a piece to touch and feel. My eldest and I like to try spotting the mouse and recalling the names of other parts of the rabbit within the books.

Spot the Dog – I was delighted to pick up two books featuring Spot at an NCT sale that made it into the basket this year. Spot’s First Easter has fold the flap sections great for little fingers who love to help discover things and Spot’s Easter Surprise is a simple board book that has an egg hunt running through it.  These books are a great way in which to introduce Easter traditions to little ones.

Guess How Much I Love You – Who doesn't love the original Guess How Much I Love You book featuring little and big Nutbrown Hare?  Whilst to accompany it the Spring edition is fantastic for introducing the season. These are gorgeous books with which to snuggle down at bedtime to read.

What Books Are In The Girls Easter Basket This Year?


As you can see we seem to have a bit of an obsession for rabbits in this house. Unfortunately, hubby is not so keen at the idea of having a live bunny hop through our house but maybe one day the girls will wear him down.

What books would you suggest I add to the girls Easter book list?


What Books Are In The Girls Easter Basket This Year?


Laura's Lovely BlogRead With MeMummy Times TwoReflections From MeOne Messy MamaRhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. Lovely choices, books make the best gifts! Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection of Easter books! BookBairn loves Spot so these would go down a treat with her! We like 'Egg' by Jonathan Litton and Fhiona Galloway too and would recommend it as a good one to add to your collection! #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. I'll be sure to look into it.

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a lovely Easter. We also like Rabbits Don't Lay Eggs by Paula Metcalf & Cally Johnson-Isaacs.

    #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did thank you. That sounds like a very amusing book.

      Delete
  4. Snap! We got the Bunny book for our little one this easter. I am hoping I can get both my boys into books as I love reading. We also got Bings Easter Egg Hunt one which my older son loved. Ha Ha I am sure you will be able to persuade him for a real bunny soon?!? #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
  5. these bring back great memories, we used to have these books, we still have Guess How Much I Love You, such a classic, but my kids always loved Spot too. Happy Easter xx #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love the classics. I was unaware of that book until my girls appeared i my arms.

      Delete
  6. I recognise some of the books here!!! Thanks for sharing with #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some classic choices here. Guess How Much I Love you is gorgeous and you really can't go wrong with Spot.
    Hope you had a nice Easter
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books are always a great idea, and especially for Easter when most of our children's relatives will just buy chocolate. This Easter I bought Cygnet "The Smartest Giant in Town". It is not an Easter theme but it is a lovely book. Thanks for the themed suggestions. Pen x #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These certainly last longer. Thank you for sharing your book recommendation.

      Delete
  9. Our daughter's 7 now, so these are too young for her, but they do bring back many happy memories! Hope your girls enjoyed them. #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to read that they bring back lovely memories.

      Delete
  10. Why oh why haven't I thought of this before? My husband and I were having a conversation just before Easter about how sick we are of these "candy" traditions. It's Halloween, then Christmas, New year, Valentines now Easter.. It just doesn't seem to stop. And with 4 kids, the amount of candy they get given (and we hoard), is ridiculous. I love this idea and I am definitely going to use it! Thanks for sharing with #globalblogging..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you or should that be read you? The only candy we get now is usually brought in by hubby! Pleased to be of inspiration.

      Delete
  11. I love your Easter basket, such a lovely collection of things. Mine also got books for Easter this year, though admittedly not on an Easter theme. Definitely something I will get my thinking cap on for next year though after seeing your lovely collection. Thank you for sharing this with us at #PostsFromTheHeart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am pleased to have inspired you.

      Delete
  12. Congrats this was the most popular post this week from #mg Thanks again for linking up lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Emma is seriously obsessed with Spot the Dog books at the moment. It's so cute seeing her get so excited when Spot finally appears!! Thanks for linking up to #dreamteam xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Books make great gifts. We love all the ones you listed. #kltr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment