Reading, Resting and Playing #LittleLoves

 This week has seen us spending time all together at home, out in the countryside and in nearby Newbury (when hubby’s not been at work that is).  We've been entertained by books, blogging tutorials and games in the garden. Without further ado here’s our #LittleLoves

Reading, Resting and Playing  #LittleLoves

Reading, Resting and Playing  #LittleLoves

This week has seen me start to read #GIRLBOSS having noticed that a couple of fellow bloggers recommended it. I've only got as far as chapter three so far but I have been reading it and enjoying it. I have been trying to read a chapter a night before bed but some days has seen me so exhausted that I almost collapse with exhaustion.

As you can see that’s not the only book on my bedside table I love Usborne’s Entertaining and Educating Babies and Toddlers too for ideas and it has a helpful section on each age range at the back. Fearne Cotton’s Happy also looked like a great recommendation so I picked it up while at the local supermarket and the National Trust’s book 50 Things  to do Before you’re 11 ¾ sounds a great challenge.


Reading, Resting and Playing  #LittleLoves

As always the girls are keeping me occupied and it’s lovely to see them having some peaceful naps during the day. I leave the bedroom door open to the girls’ bedroom while youngest sleeps and peer over the staircase so as not to wake her being greeted with this view. 

Reading, Resting and Playing  #LittleLoves

Ok so I've yet to technically listen to Aby’s live chats as my laptop is not up to listening to them! However, I've been following her course and done a fair bit of the things she has mentioned. 
Reading, Resting and Playing  #LittleLoves

We've been continuing to have fun in the garden this week and I hung up a few of my scarves for the girls to play with. I love this action shot of eldest running through them. It’s not easy photoing little ones but among several takes there’s usually one or more that sum up the fun.

Reading, Resting and Playing  #LittleLoves

I've been trying desperately to keep the hats on the babies heads while out and about in the countryside but alas they have other ideas. Over the weekend there was warm sunshine and a cool breeze leading to a little confusion as to what was best to wear. 

Reading, Resting and Playing  #LittleLoves

Thank you to all my readers for continuing to read my blog and say lovely encouraging comments about it. Happy Easter everyone, may this time be full to the brim with lovely goodies whether they be experiences or your favourite products. Go indulge yourselves. x

Coffee Work Sleep RepeatMorgan PrinceThe Reading Residence

Comments

  1. I love the idea of hanging up scarves for the children to run through #LittleLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try the trick with the scarves, my two will love that. I love watching little ones sleep, as long as you don't wake them ;0) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a lovely week. I have seen recommendations about Girl Boss, let me know what you think of it. However, like you I'm often so tired at night it takes me ages to read any new book!
    I hope you had a wonderful Easter, and you and your family spend some lovely time together
    xx
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked reading Girl Boss but wonder whether we've each got our own version of success and there's not just one way.

      Delete
  4. I remember hanging up scarves and silks for the children to run through. If yours are anything like mine, they are in giggles as they do it. Have a lovely week. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back again. Love seeing book recommendations. I'll have to check out a couple of these. #PoCoLo

      Delete
  5. I have 2 new books that I want to read and I wish I can find time to read them! This is a lovely post! #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I have to schedule time in and am finding time just before I go to sleep sometimes works.

      Delete
  6. Hanging up scarves is a fun idea, so simple to do. We went to a festival last year where they had an area full of sheets to play and run through and the kids loved it! Sounds like a lovely week and productive for you, too. Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Sometimes keeping it simple really does lead to a lot of fun.

      Delete
  7. Running through scarves sounds like lots of fun and that is a great shot of your eldest. I love seeing sleeping babies too - I do miss those moments of peeking in the room and seeing a sleepy little one in their cot. Happy Easter and hope you are having a lovely Easter weekend :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had to take a lot of photos and thankfully one worked out. My hubby tends to shut the door when he's off work but I like to leave it open.

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed GirlBoss when I read it a while ago, it's such an easy read and I found her really inspiring. Netflix have based a series around her story which is being released very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is thought provoking and interesting what she's been through. Thank you for telling me about the Netflix series. We don't subscribe to it here though.

      Delete
  9. Hope you had a lovely Easter - that picture of your one sleeping, so cute, she looks so peaceful. I can imagine it's a very relaxing way to spend time. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaceful and my youngest yes when she's sleeping hehe. I find the eldest is the calmest while youngest wants to remind you of the fact she's there bless her.

      Delete
  10. I remember the battle with hats and little ones, it was so frustrating sometimes! :)
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if there's a way round this such as bandanas.

      Delete

Post a Comment