My Family Adventures - April

This month we've experienced our fair share of warm, sunny, beautiful weather that has led us to get out on many adventures. We've not ventured far as we've journeyed to Brightwell-Cum-Sotwell, Mapledurham and Littlestoke all of them being in our own county but far enough for the girls to have a snooze in the car on the way. We’re only a few off 11,000 finds and thus it’s surprising that we do find little pockets of geocaches to do around here.

My Family Adventures - April

As April is well known for its rain showers, it’s come as a surprise that there have been plenty of warm, sunny days in which to get out and about. In fact some of the days we have experienced are more reminiscent of those you’d experience in July. We've put away our winter knit wear and basked in the sunlight. The birds have been heard chirping in the great outdoors (except for one poor chick that has toppled from a nest in our garden never to chirp again) and the ground carpeted by fallen leaves has led to plenty of rustling. We've also been reminded of the cold winters that we've experienced as there remains a chill in the airs breeze.

My Family Adventures - April

Beautiful flowers have sprung forth with a riot of different colours. We've seen plenty of dandelions, daisies and bluebells. However, not all stayed in bloom for long, the daffodils with their bold, confident yellows are one flower that disappeared as quickly  as they appeared. 

My Family Adventures - April

As for the girls they seem to like to get out too and explore – preferably without their hats!. Recently my eldest discovered a little recorder in a geocache that led to me showing her how to blow through it to make a noise. She was so pleased with herself that she could do it and her noises accompanied us for the rest of our walk.  

My Family Adventures - April

Eldest has also done a fair bit of walking this month and she likes to point out things and question what they are. It’s lovely to hold little conversations with her and teach her about the world we live in. Her sister on the other hand has a little while till she walks but I'm certain she’ll get there around summer time this year. Till then she is quite content to be carried everywhere, often falling asleep in the baby carrier and gets rather upset when we put her down on the floor. 

Where have you and your family been this month?

My Petit CanardReflections From MeCuddle FairyExtraordinary ChaosRhyming with WinePotty Adventureslife as our little familyThe Places We Will Go

Comments

  1. Sounds like you've had some great adventures. We went to the Lego exhibition in London. It was great fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back again from #DreamTeam

      Delete
    2. Oooh we've yet to go there. I wonder whether it will be running next time we visit relatives.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have a lovely month of April - I wish you much the same for May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. We certainly have had great adventures outdoors.

      Delete
  3. Love the nature quote and your shots. April is a great month but we didn't get enough rain here in Florida. Still in a drought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. Oh my do you have hose pipe bans there too?

      Delete
  4. Ahh so lovely, and what a great idea to document your adventures. We have been to the park, the woods, the beach, we have had days out and days in, April has been filled with adventures, it's been a great month! #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh you've been to a wide variety of places.

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm jealous!! We've been having unseasonably cold weather this April, I'm desperately longing for some of those warm, sunny days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it wont be long and you'll experiencing them too soon

      Delete
  6. Ah its such a lovely time of year isn't it, I love all the spring flowers appearing . We have had snow tonight I can believe it! Fingers crossed the sun will about tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. I agree they are such a treat. Snow?!

      Delete
  7. 11,ooo that is amazing!!!! So lovely to get the girls out in nature. Thanks for sharing #mg Oh and Congrats on having the most popular post last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we've done it for a few years now so they are stacking up. Thank you for letting me know it means a lot to me.

      Delete
    2. Guess what? Second week in a row you have had the most popular post! Congrats you're on a roll xx Thanks again for being part of #mg it means so much to me, love Mackenzie

      Delete
    3. Thanks Mackenzie. You run a lovely thought provoking linky x

      Delete
  8. Sounds like we live in the same county - I'm just a couple of miles from Wittenham Clumps! #Mondayescapes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! 11000 finds is quite some going! We love walks that involve a little drive out too because as you say it gives the little ones chance to get a little shut eye (and is the chance for some pre/post walk peace haha). It looks like a beautiful area and your photos are lovely. Thanks for joining us on #adventurecalling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah we've been doing it for a few years. We are lucky to live in a beautiful part of the country.

      Delete
  10. Looks like you have had some wonderful adventures in the lovely weather! It's changed here now, so cold today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to be able to get out and about. Lovely to document your monthly adventures too. So easy to forget the little things. #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you believe I'd never heard of geocaching til last year?! I was in the UK first half of April actually for a family wedding and yes I was stunned that we had no rain AT ALL the whole time I was there! Meanwhile when one of my sisters got married in July it poured for 3 whole days. Anyway I digress. I used to be such a city chick; she's still in there but I have to say, the older I get, the more I respect and yearn to be in the great outdoors experiencing nature. Thanks for joining #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone expects it to rain on a visit to the UK. When we got married it was one of the hottest days of the year.

      Delete
  13. It's fab getting out with the kids and watching them take interest in everything around them isn't it? My little boy is four and seeing everything through his eyes is a brilliant adventure for me too

    #adventurecalling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is lovely to impart our knowledge and learn new things together

      Delete
  14. What a lovely month you have had. We too love getting outdoors and exploring. I love the quote on the photo above :)

    Thanks so much for being part of #MMBC. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend and we will see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw it I thought it fitted my feelings. Exploring the world is really interesting.

      Delete
  15. Wow, I cant believe youre so close to your 11,000 geo-cache! Thats pretty amazing. It looks and sounds like you've had some lovely April adventures, the warmer weather has definitely helped. Thanks for sharing this with us on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been doing it for a few years. My hubby was even out finding them when I was in hospital with the girls!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like you had a lovely time getting out and about, it's so nice getting to spot all the flowers isn't it! x #CandidCuddles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. I have a feeling we will have to take our little handbook on flowers to work out what some are though.

      Delete
  17. 11,000 finds is a great achievement! It has been a great month for getting out and I'm glad that you and your family have had such fab adventures. I love this time of year, it's brilliant to be able to spend lots of time outside, and also to plan lots of summer fun. Thank you so much for linking up with #adventurecalling again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I love a great adventure.

      Delete
  18. April has been lovely hasn't it. I love reading about adventures like this as it always motivates me to get out and about whatever the weather. Gorgeous photos! Our highlight has been getting down to the beach. Thank you for sharing with the #DreamTeam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww glad to hear that I've inspired you. We're a long way from the beach sadly.

      Delete
  19. Sounds like you've had a lovely month, we have seen lots of sunny days during April and are hoping for lots more now May is here. Thanks for linking up to #ThePlacesWeWillGoLinky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree lots of lovely sunny days that aren't too hot would be nice

      Delete
  20. Wow 11,000 finds thats incredible! Thanks for linking up to #MondayEscapes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a great month, the weather was warmer in April, than we are now experiencing in May! #ThePlacesWeWillGoLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. No idea what's happened - crazy weather!

      Delete
  22. Sound like a great family day out and lot of fresh air! #ThePlacesWeWillGoLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure have experienced lots of lovely fresh air

      Delete

Post a Comment