My Siblings in March

I can’t believe that in a few short months I will have a one year old in the house as well as a two year old! That means by Christmas I may well have two walkers in the house potentially two! The first years seem to be when your children do the most growing I believe and my children are no exception.

My Youngest

From reading about second children people have been known to say the second sibling just slots in. I'm not sure about that I've found her to be rather a vocal baby that reminds you of her existence.  As mums we have a checklist of all the things that help our little ones remain content. You know the one has she fed yes, has her nappy been changed recently check, yet despite all this she remains making noises as if something is bothering her and you've no idea what! We all have off days right but to have them every single day?!

The only thing I can really put it down to is the fact that she has about three teeth working their way through into her mouth at present. There are two at the top and one at the bottom all fighting for room. She absolutely loves her food so these will definitely come in handy. The other day eldest left some food on the floor and we soon learnt that baby can commando crawl across the floor! Baby now eats a whole range of food and if eldest dares to leave any (which she often does being a snacker!) she knows who will eat it.

As baby is on the move we've brought down the Jumparoo for her to play in but her sister tries to commandeer it! I've also asked hubby to get the activity centre down from the loft too as I'm sure she’d love to play with that too.

My Little Artiste

When she’s not busy trying to commandeer baby’s toys. Eldest can be found playing with Happyland Fairies, Wooden shape sorters and puzzles. I once made play dough which she didn't care for but we do like a bit of pen!

Both of my girls still have a nap during the day and then sleep straight through the night. However, they leave us parents with little time for one another. We've tried getting them down earlier but caved in to all going at the same time. 

Well that's it for my March Siblings post. Have you got siblings?

Two Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Mummy Times TwoDiary of an Imperfect MumDear Bear and BeanyMum Muddling Through

Comments

  1. They are beautiful little ladies :)

    #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  2. No brothers or sisters for my little one. I'd be very unsure of how he'd adjust. He's very sweet and caring on one hand but also likes his own company, it would be interesting to see what the dynamic would be. #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops should have mentioned #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teething is the worst isn't it? It keeps them up and keeps them noisy!

    #FamilyFun

    (Jenny from Accidental Hipster Mum) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! They are adorable and are growing up far too fast! I can't believe your little lady is nearly 1. Time just flies.
    #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, thank you for sharing. It's amazing how quickly they change and grow up isn't it?! #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back again for #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe the little lady is almost 1 either. That has flown by. I love the way the eldest wants the jumaparoo...sounds like mine. Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have three little people and there never seems much time for me and my husband, even now. But I do remember when my first two girls, who have a similar age gap to yours, were babies, I used to desperately try to coordinate their lunchtime sleeps and it never worked! Yours look gorgeous #postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helena, I can' believe your youngest is almost a year old now, it seems like only yesterday when you had her. You may find that once she is on the move she becomes less vocal, although that's not always a good thing. It sounds as if your eldest has plenty of things to do that make her happy, strange she didn't enjoy the play-doh though. I thought all children enjoyed that.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, they are gorgeous - it'll be lovely when they are both running around and chasing each other. Giggles central! Mine are 5 and 2 and are the best of friends (most of the time).
    Thanks for sharing with #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe she is almost one too! I first came across your blog when she's just been born, it goes too fast! Teeth are a bugger! ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm expecting our number two in a few months and very much hoping that the 'they just slot in' advice rings true for us! My first was far more like your second sounds - if he was unhappy you always knew about it! For him, once he could move about he was much happier, and then even more so once he could communicate his wants properly. So funny though that your eldest wants to commandeer the jumperoo - obviously it never loses it's charm! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely post. My two Re almost nine years apart so at very different stages. That doesn't stop the eldest from stealing the little one's toys though. Duplo models can be found wherever we step! I hope your little one's teeth come through soon - you have my sympathy, teething is rubbish! Thank you so much for sharing this post with us at #PostsFromTheHeart

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sibling relationship and adore watching my girls together. It definitely does get a bit easier as they get older. Holly did just slot in with us really, she was a very good baby. She didn't sleep at night, but during the day she was an angel. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  16. awwww so cute!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment