Things I've Liked and Loved in February 2017

It’s been said time and time again right that you blink and then yet another month has flown by! This month has been another of those that have rapidly gone by and not just because it has fewer days! Before we say goodbye to February I thought I’d look back and reflect on what I've loved and liked about this dear month.

Liked and Loved February

This month has seen me being a bit more accountable as I joined in once again with the creative linkies: Trash to Treasure, Make it Monthly and Little Makes. I have also joined in another linky entitled Little Loves which works well for me as it lets people in to what you've made during the week too. So I've been able to show my work - well a little bit of it that is.

Transforming a top to a Bag

When I've not been creating things myself I have been creating things with my eldest or playing with her and her toys. I recently got a stash of Orchard Toy games for £1.20 and we've already been playing with the puzzles. 

Eldest creating artwork on a window

When we've not been playing with the toys we've been watching a fair amount of Cbeebies and reading numerous books. My eldest tends to try and use the bookcase as a climbing feature in her room so I'm considering replacing it with shelves on a wall.

Eldest Looks Through Her Books

I've also switched off from social media a bit this month as I went on a great walk in the countryside with my family. Walks are great ways to keep fit and throw off cabin fever. Eldest and hubby have been on one more adventure than me and baby this month. I've been considering Daddy and Daughter posts but hubby doesn't like writing like I do so I end up transcribing his thoughts. I've also discovered Outdoor Bloggers and have been enjoying getting to know people in that group.

Eldest examining a windmill

Earlier in the month I set out to work on my photographyI'm not sure if I've got better or not but it’s something I've been enjoying doing and three of the four photos above have been taken by me. I've also been working with Canva and Pinterest but have yet to use that sticky backed paper and do any of the photo prompts. 


Twin Mummy and DaddyMorgan Prince<A Cornish MumMummy Times TwoRhyming with WineThe Pramshed

Comments

  1. I love a good round up, I have just started to do one again myself. Sounds like you have been up to lots of fun things this month. Oh and my little boy also loves to climb on everything, think I shall have to follow suit and get some shelves up out of reach!!
    #Dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think February really flew over compared to January.
    Ahh! It looks like a lovely month for you. Getting outdoors seems so much easier now that the weather is brightening up. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walks in the countryside! There's been some lovely spring-like weather recently too.
    It looks like you've had a lovely February :)
    #PostsFromTheHeart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being able to get outside and blow the cobwebs away. I'm so pleased that spring is here to be able to take advantage of the nicer weather! Gorgeous pics. I haven't tried Canva yet but people keep telling me it's brilliant! Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love going for walks and making the most of the outdoors. Sounds like you had a lovely month, I hope March is even better :)

    Thanks so much for being part of #MMBC. See you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crafts are something that I enjoy doing when I get the chance. My girls love reading too. I read Moana to them yesterday, It's a long book, but they love it and sit patiently listening! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. A busy month! I wish I had some of your creativity. I think I might try to get into crocheting soon! #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love round ups and looks like you've had a great month #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are looking good. I think you're on the right track. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great round up we love crafts with the girls Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds a good month, and sometimes I think we all need to escape outside and escape social media. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some lovely memories here. It looks like she loves her books.
    #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a nice relaxing February and lots of lovely family time. Popping over from #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  14. A good walk and switching off from social media once in a while is a must in my book x
    #ForTheLoveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo I loved sticky backed paper! You take beautiful photos. Photos are always something that worry me on my blog too. I think for many of us we go into blogging wanting to write, then end up learning so many new skills along the way - it's one of the things I love the most about it. I'm sure my youngest will also use his furniture as a climbing feature in the not too distant future, so will look forward to reading how you get around the problem! Thank you so much for linking up to #PostsFromTheHeart

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you've had a busy month! Thanks for sharing your post on #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you've had a lovely month - I always feel better for getting outside too. #LikedandLoved

    ReplyDelete
  18. My children love Orchard toy games, great fun for little ones and what a bargain you found with them. #LikedandLoved

    ReplyDelete
  19. My boys used to love the Orchard games when they were small :) It sounds like a good month to me and your photography is looking very good lovely. Hope you have been having a wonderful March

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. The months are flying by aren't they. I love a good round up post and it sounds like February has been a nice month! #likedandloved

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos Helena. Love that you're getting outside, I think the kids always enjoy life more when you can go out for more walks. ;)
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment