Now You Are Two!

Dear Eldest

As I gaze upon you I can’t believe the time has flown by. No longer are you resting in my arms as a tiny little thing, that liked to graze all day long, but a little girl full of energy and enthusiasm for life that will bounce on my knee and demand to watch Tommy (Thomas the Tank Engine).

Eldest in her play gym


You are the most caring, loving, kind hearted girl I know and I am truly lucky to be called your ‘mummy’. We've been on one roller coaster of a ride and yes we still experience turbulence now and again (tantrums) usually when you are tired.

Eldest with Sophie le Giraffe


Being pregnant with you saw me feel truly knackered then as the third trimester approached we learnt of type 2 Diabetes and a birthing pool was out of the question due to having my blood sugars monitored and a c-section deemed the way to go. It was scary having no control and having to put my faith into the hospital staff but we got through it. As you’re great grandma once said you were determined to be in this world. It was you that shaped me into ‘mummy’ for the first time and you are the one that makes me want to wake up in the morning.

Eldest out and about

During your first year we went everywhere from baby groups to the local supermarket. Many times we were stopped by admirers and you sure do know how to pose for the camera now.

Eldest on Holiday


The first couple of years have seen you go from having everything done for you to being one independent little girl who loves to help out around the house and when we are out and about. We have also been in hospital a lot. Mainly due to the fact that you were soon to become a big sister but also because you trapped your finger in the kitchen door accidentally.

Eldest Discovering Treasure


A lot has happened in the first two years and you've dealt with the changes so well. I love you with all my heart and will never stop worrying about you as that’s what mother’s do. I've inherited it from my mother just as you will one day if you have babies of your own. 

Love you to the moon and back and more x



Reflections From MeOne Messy MamaLizzie SomersetMy Petit CanardMummy Times Two

Comments

  1. Very sweet - she looks darling! Isn't is amazing how quickly the babies grow up? Mine are now 5 and 8 and I have no idea where the time went! Enjoy these days. :)
    ~Jess
    #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. It's scary how much they change.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful way to celebrate your daughters birthday. Many Happy returns to her and I hope she has a wonderful day x #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Happy birthday to your girl. I hope she has a fab day!
    She is such a cutie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is lovely, apart from shutting her finger in the door - ouch!

    #postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes seeing your loved one undergo an operation is scary

      Delete
  5. Ahhh such a lovely post, motherhood changes everything. It sounds like you had more than your fair share of pregnancy woes too. I feel very fortunate that my pregnancies had no complications. Happy birthday to your gorgeous little girl #sharethejoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does. Oh my goodness having to inject yourself everyday and take pills is never pleasant and thoroughly scary. I'm pleased both my babies are here.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Miss 2!!! Here's to many more fun years and great birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely letter to your eldest looking back over the last couple of years and such beautiful photos of your Little Miss Independent too. Hope she had a wonderful second birthday x #sharethejoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww bless her, what a gorgeous girl. I often think this type of post will be what makes us so glad that we blog, the posts that years from now we will sit back and look over with our children and grandchildren. Thank you so much for sharing your daughter's story with us at #PostsFromTheHeart

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful photos and words. It's incredible how much they change in the first few years. Hope she's settled well into the big sister role. Thanks for joining the #weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's so true my little baby is now a little girl! She has wonderfully adjusted to being protective over her little sister.

      Delete
  10. This is such a lovely post. It's so nice to be able to look back on these posts isn't it. I hope she had a nice birthday #postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It sure is. She certainly did and even learnt how to blow out candles with Grandma's help.

      Delete
  11. Ahhhh. 2! Congratulations. What a lovely post! She has gorgeous eyes! Wow. #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow what a gorgeous letter to your little darling girl. I too had the diabetes during pregnancy it was hard as you say having the birth we wanted taken away, but look at what we got! Your daughter is so precious and you are such a fabulous mummy, you are both so blessed #mg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment