How to Channel Your Little Artist's Creative Efforts

I think this creative bug may be catching! I caught the eldest with a permanent marker pen in her hand the other day and at first I thought she’d just scribbled on the rug. No problem I thought, the rug was second hand anyway and could do with renewing so I took the pen off her and explained what had happened to hubby when he got home. Little did I realise that that was not the only thing she had scribbled on!

Introducing My Little Artist


Later that day as I was tidying up the rooms my eyes caught sight of the bed cover. I like to keep a pot of pens next to my bed so I can write things out that are on my mind, but I hadn't realised one of those was a permanent marker! I shall think twice about having a stash of pens there now. For my little artist had decided that colouring in the bed sheet was also a great idea! Yes move over Tacey Emin there’s a toddler in my house that doesn't make her bed and creates mess! As you can imagine I wasn't amused that she’d made a masterpiece of our sheet some of which has gone through to the mattress too! So I've decided that renewing the bed sheets is now on the list of things to do too.

My Little Artist at Work

So downstairs I gave her the ChalkOla pens we were sent a while back to review. I showed her what to do and she unleashed her creative efforts on one of the windows. We talked through the colours and had so much fun messing about with them together. Just before Daddy got back we wrote a little message on the window saying that we loved him which went down well. The masterpiece here can be easily washed off too.

Have you got a little artist in your house?




Two Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Diary of an Imperfect MumDear Bear and Beany

Comments

  1. Haha my little one likes the odd scrapbooking session. It's pretty fab your little one can use those crayons and go to town. Little Artist! Hope the original mess was ok to clean up and thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrapbooking/Memory making is fantastic. She sounds like she's taking after her mum.

      Delete
  2. My daughter has a few of the adult colouring books and all different types of pens and pencils, she love them. She also likes to draw and do anything creative, I think it is wonderful. I love the chalk pens.
    #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ideas, creativity is SO important, lovely to see it being valued #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. We have pen marks on our sofa, and I find stickers stuck in random places, but thankfully no pen round here has been intentional. #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a two year old does things intentionally do they?!

      Delete
  5. Oops! My youngest decorated the kitchen with crayon, but thankfully it was easy to clean up. I do love those chalk pens though, I wouldn't mind having a go at that myself #weekendblogshare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm all for things being easy to clean and these are.

      Delete
  6. I have a little girl who loved to decorate my walls, then she would sign them with her name...and deny having done them! Thankfully she draws on more suitable surfaces now, although it's always good to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you've got a cheeky little monkey on your hands

      Delete
  7. Luckily my toddler is strange and doesn't like mess - he once drew a tiny mark on our dining table with a crayon and I noticed quickly and told him off (didn't even shout!) and he was so upset! These chalkola pens sound like a great idea though - anything to make mess easier to clean up! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww bless him. These were just as fun and so easy to wash away afterwards.

      Delete
  8. Ah love that. Pens scare me we have them out all the time but I am just waiting for the walls to be drawn on! These look fab though! Will defineitly look into them. Thanks for sharing at #familyfun x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha. I get palpitations the minute I see my two yr old with a pen in her hand! Those wash off ones look great though x
    #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when our niece decided to have a bit of a colouring fest and decorated our walls and the bedding with felt tips. I never left a single craft item in sight when she visited again lol! x

    Thanks for being part of #MMBC. See you Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha ha love it. Ive had to let alyssa loose with mine too - she loves them!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful she'll want to start vlogging too soon.

      Delete
  12. Thankfully so far we have quite off quite slightly with mess from crafting. Alice loves it, but she is really careful. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've had several incidents of wall, windowsill and tabletop drawing, thankfully I've been able to get them clean. Haven't had the same luck with some of my daughter's white tops that I just can get the pen marks off! She loves being creative- painting is a favourite activity and sticking things with glue. The chalk pens look fantastic, I haven't come across them before. #BloggerClubUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. What did you use to get them clean again? Creating is great fun.

      Delete
  14. Those Chalkola pens sound perfect for toddlers! Hope you got some nice replacement sheets, and managed to clean the rest a but!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment