Creative Crafters for Valentines: Little Hungarian Hearts

It was lovely to feature so many creative people in my Creative Crafters for Christmas series that I thought I’d bring it back for Valentines. In this one off special I’d like to introduce you to Christina Pengelly creator of Little Hungarian Hearts.

My Little Hungarian Heart


My heart happened to arrive on my birthday (unbeknown to her until she reads this) and made for a lovely addition sat amongst the cards and presents I received. The size of my palm this lovely little heart has clearly been made with love and embroidered detail. Originally I thought the heart had been created by her but as I discovered  from writing up our interview it could have easily come from a women’s collective in Hungary. 

Here's our interview: 

Little Hungarian Hearts Logo


Hi for those who don’t know you, could you please tell us a bit about yourself.


Hello! My name is Christina Pengelly and I live in Bournemouth, Dorset. I'm an expat Canadian born to Hungarian parents in Canada. I blog about embroidery from Central Europe, mainly Hungary I source and sell pretty embroidered hearts and DIY Sewing Kits based on Hungarian embroidery.  

Little Hungarian Hearts Sewing Kits


What sort of creative business do you run?


I used to embroider my own hearts but demand got too big, so I now import my hearts from a women’s collective in Hungary.  


Little Hungarian Hearts Ready For Business


What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a go themselves?


Do it now. There is never a good time to start – I'm almost 50 and am starting my business and blog and I love it!

Little Hungarian Hearts on a pink canvas bag

How do you juggle your creative work/life?


Badly. I don’t know if there will ever be a perfect balance of art/business and work. Just try your best. You can’t give any more than that.

Featured in Issue 271 of Cross Stitch Collection Magazine

Where can we find you?


Love the sound of Christina’s business? Then you can find her on her blog, on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.



Rhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. Wonderful little article Helena! And so happy a heart arrived on your birthday. Thanks for the review. You're a star. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It certainly was a lovely surprise.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! These are fab! I love them! So pretty #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty work. I do love decorative hearts #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helena, what cute little hearts and pretty too. Starting out in any business must be quite scary, I do like the advice to do it now. If you never try you'll never know.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think it's a case of feel the fear and go for it

      Delete
  5. These are adorable and do detailed. I love the bright colours. #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they're gorgeous!
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, how cute are those hearts! It's lovely finding out about the maker behind them. These are exactly the type of trinkets my little one loves. Thank you for sharing with the #dreamteam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are. I'm pleased you like them and their back story.

      Delete

Post a Comment