What will ignite and excite you in 2017?

For the last couple of years I have decided to choose words to help me navigate my year. In 2015 I chose bliss and last year I opted for radiate. 


This year I really wanted to opt for something with energy. I've considered a word a month, or picking a word every three months. Considered words relevant to nature such as roots and grow and words like ignite and sparkle connoting fire. Below you can see the ones that jumped out the most.



As for the goals I'm aiming for this year then how about the following:

Blog:

  • I'm considering getting a few books on blogging and have been reading up on recommendations.
  • I feel that my photography could do with improving and I would also like to make home videos of my little ones who are quickly growing up.
  • I’d love to do more of what I'm passionate about on the blog from reading books to arts and crafts, having adventures and review more.
  • Following my post on camping and caravanning here I am inspired to have more adventures outside. Puzzlewood in Gloucestershire looks particularly enticing and has been used in many films/tv series.
  • I’d also like to interact more in the blogging community and am happy to collaborate with others.

Health & Fitness:

  • Christmas has seen me eat one too many chocolates and mince pies. So I need to be more selective as to what I put in my body and as I'm no gym bunny have a look at alternative ways in which to get in exercise. I enjoy dance (particularly Zumba) and perhaps dancing to Youtube videos would help me stay in shape.


Home:

  • During the run up to Christmas we've been de-cluttering. We have been doing a spot of upcycling recently creating a place for the girls coats and decorating the bookcase doors. Father Christmas had no way of entering our house this year due to there being no fireplace entrance so we’d like to install one for next year.

By combining my goals and word choice I've come up with two words for this year which were cemented by Michelle Reeves recent class on Monday. Or did they come about because of my husband's love of setting alight the Christmas pudding each year you decide. This year I've decided to go with ignite and excite.

AprilLovetrees


Which word will see you navigate 2017?

This post was originally linked up to the following linkys: HopesandDreamsfor2017 / A Blogging Good Time / Family Fun / Cool Mum Club / Blogger Club UK / Sharing the Blog Love / Best and Worst / For the Love of Blog / Share the Joy

Comments

  1. Looks like some great goals for 2017! YOu sound really motivated and focused for the blog and looking after yourself! I'm hoping to try and read more this year as have stopped and I miss it! Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah reading is really difficult when you've got little kids to entertain.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea to have that focuS and totally get why you want to centralise that around the outdoors too. I think it's going to be an exciting year with all this positivity flowing around! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun words to pick for motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of goals. I like the sound of blogging books. Never even occured to me! :) #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some fab goals and sound so motivated! I look forward to seeing how it all pans out for you in 2017 lovely. Thanks for sharing with #coolmumclub and best of luck achieving them all xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back from #coolmumclub and I'll definitely be looking for some blogging books! Good luck with your plans and goals in 2017, Helena. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great goals. Blogging books sound cool, let me know if you come across something good! Good luck with Zumba my coordination is shocking so I would like s total muppet just having a dance at the back of the room. I look forward to reading about how your goals panned out over the year. Thanks for joining us at #familyfun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite zumba teacher doesn't worry about being perfect just that you are moving. My youngest is 6 months so I need to go easy still.

      Delete
  8. Yay to more outdoor adventures! I look forward to reading them. If you can do it in winter it is easy in summer. #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep worrying about the cold with the littlies so postpone it

      Delete
  9. Yep de-cluttering always excites me too! Happy new 2017! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out with the old, in with the new and all the things you love

      Delete
  10. This is the second time I've heard someone choosing a word to focus their year and I think it's such a great idea - it really gets you focused on what it is that motivates you. Good luck with all of your goals. My goal for last year was to improve my photography and it's amazing how quickly you pick up the bug! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does. What word will you choose this year? Do tell me what classes etc you undertook regards photography I'd love to know x

      Delete
  11. I love this idea of focusing on a word for the year. I can see it's helped you to focus on what is important to you. Good luck with it all. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has. What word have you chosen?

      Delete
  12. Love the combination of these words, as together they seem very powerful. Wishing you a very successful 2017 - thanks for linking up to #hopesanddreamsfor2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do. May you also have a successful 2017.

      Delete

Post a Comment