The Siblings Project {January}

It seems an age since I last wrote about my babies. In fact the last siblings post was back in October. So as the month of January comes to a close fairly soon I thought I’d take the opportunity now to write about my girls.

My Girls in their Ball Pool


Sleeping

My youngest now hardly naps during the day. She’ll doze off with a bottle and within minutes will be awake again. The eldest on the other hand will often have an hour’s nap sometime during the day and if she postpones this she sometimes ends up too tired for dinner and sleeps through it and the entire night! Both girls now sleep in the same room and sleep all the way through the night till 9am. They are both in sleeping bags and have been known to wear one another’s by accident. Eldest has also had hers put on back to front before and this led her to be unable to take it off in the morning.

Eating

Strawberries in a bowlI've mentioned before how much the littlest in the family seems to love food. She always downs her bottles leaving none or little for her sister to finish off. She turned 6 months over Christmas so was able to munch on parts of the dinner with us. She’s tasted carrots, peas, potatoes and more.

The eldest is more of a snacker. She always has been and this means that her sister will possibly be taller than her. We've taken to suggesting to the eldest that if she doesn't stay in her high chair then her younger sister will be eating her food. This helps a little before she slides out of her place and appears on mummy’s knee in an attempt to launch herself into mummy’s dinner!

On the other hand, we've never had a problem with our eldest eating fruit she’s addicted to the stuff. Yes that may be because it’s sweet with fructose but fruit has so many good benefits too. I wish I could eat fruit like she does.

There’s been some suggestion that I should have introduced vitamins to supplement her diet. I haven’t done it but wonder whether she’s getting enough through her diet anyway so need not bother.

Playing

Eldest hides behind her hands

My eldest daughter seems to be quickly growing into a mini me. I realised the other day that I used to mess about and talk through my hands like she occasionally does. She also likes to imitate me by pressing keys on the laptop and will scribble in my books if I'm not careful! Those tiny little fingers of hers have also got her into trouble with her Dad as she has taken apart his laptop. This has led to him having to glue the keys back in place.

Her sister loves to watch her sister’s antics and if she’s not busy trying to bounce herself out of her bouncer she’s greatly amused by her actions. She particularly finds her sister’s tantrums hilarious. I like to play a game of hiding behind my hubby’s back with the littlest moving her body to try and see me.  She tends to come across as a serious baby but her giggles are infectious when she does them. This is usually when she’s full and I'm pretending to eat her under her neck or across the tummy like spare ribs.

This winter we've fallen into watching lots of CBeebies. She surprised me the other day when the baddies in Peter Rabbit were upsetting the rabbits. She firmly told the baddies off saying ‘no!’.  Her addiction to watching Tommy is still ongoing too and I’d love to take her to see the train and the controller one day.


Have you got siblings? 

Two Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Diary of an Imperfect MumMum Muddling ThroughDear Bear and Beany

Comments

  1. Lovely record of the girls growing up, it goes so quickly so it's important to celebrate the milestones. #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does. I can't believe my eldest is nearly 2.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how different siblings are. My sister and I couldn't be less alike. #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound so different don't they but close which is lovely. 9am sleep ins? OMG! We want our girls to share - my eldest is desperate for a camp bed. I also wish she would eat fruit! Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are. I find it funny that despite having the same parents they are already showing signs of being very different.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to hear more about how they are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am astounded at the girl's sleep! That's incredible. Lovely round up. Thanks for joining the #weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah Yes we have to be careful the babies don't over sleep

      Delete
  6. It's so nice to see how siblings interact and grow up differently. I'm a little jealous of how well they eat compared to my little bear though! :) #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous roundup! They sound so close. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They have their moments. Baby loves pulling hair!

      Delete
  8. Wow that sleep is amazing, until 9am goodness lucky you. If we make 8 it's a very very lucky day but they sleep all night so it's not all bad. My youngest loves his food too and eats loads but like yours my eldest would rather graze throughout the day. It's weird though as my youngest is so tiny and scrawny but my rubbish eater is a lot more err robust strand huh. Thanks for joining us at #familyfun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've always been great sleepers that's for sure. We've had to wake them for feeds in the past.

      Delete
  9. Lovely to see how they are growing up and so quickly #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh what a lovely memory of a post to be able to look back on. I only stared blogging once mine were older so I regret that I haven't got this wonderful record of posts from when they were small - you're so lucky to have this! Gorgeous times #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's lovely to see how different they are! I think we always expect siblings to be similar but I know my sister and I are so different in so many ways (and so alike in others). I have to admit we've watched an awful lot of CBeebies this winter too - it's so hard to leave the house when it's so cold outside! That's so cute she told off the baddies! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I thought that but when I think of me and my sisters then we are certainly very different. Pleased to read I'm not the only one. It has bee freezing.

      Delete
  12. Such a good idea to record these moments. Food is such a hard one. I've never given N vitamins, but then he eats plenty of veg, fruit, dairy, protein and the rest that I'm not too worried and the doctor/nurse or whoever has never mentioned it to us. #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that he must be getting all his vitamins if he eats plenty

      Delete
  13. Hi Helena, I can't believe that your youngest is now six months old! Where has the time gone? My second loved her food too, maybe it's a second baby thing. My son can take food or leave it, and he is is still the same twenty years later (he didn't get that from me ).

    I expect your youngest is taking all of what her sister does in and it won't be long before you have two set of hands all over the keyboards.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm not sure but me and my sister are like that too. Time flies by so fast. I've noticed that they change soo much more in their first year then any other year.

      Delete
  14. I love seeing how you can have two children and bring them up in the same home, but see them developing totally different characters and preferences. My two are totally different, but they get on so well (when they aren't fighting over the same toy of course!) I haven't forgotten your request for a rhyme about siblings either. I'm just waiting for them to do something that gives me a bit of inspiration. Usually a particular bit of mischief will get me rhyming so I'm sure it won't be long haha. xx #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no very little fighting going on here at present. Destruction and tantrums seem to be more my eldest's style.

      Delete
  15. I love watching my girls together. They are so completely different, in looks and in personality. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post, your babies must be similar in age to mine, my eldest is 2 next month and my littlest is nearly 4 months. My biggest boy loves eating fruit too and can't get enough of giant strawberries at the moment! #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes they are similar in age. Oh yes got to love strawberries here too. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  17. So interesting to read about how different your girls are. Glad to hear they're sleeping through the night though - makes such a difference when you get a good night's sleep. I love that your eldest likes to copy you although taking apart the keys on Daddy's laptop is not so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he's now taken to hiding it so she can't do it again. I'm lucky that sleeping has never been an issue for them. I have to get on to them to wake up.

      Delete
  18. It's great that they both sleep so well, lucky you! My daughter is also pretty good at eating fruit, but not so good when it comes to anything that's not sweet. Sometimes it's a struggle! This is a lovely project. #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment