I am #Rocking Motherhood ....Here's why....

I always felt that when I met the one I’d want his children and it wasn't until I met my husband that things fell into place. We went down the traditional route of marriage first then children and at first I wasn't sure children were going to happen. Then two years after our marriage I had the eldest and she was soon followed by her sister.

I feel like I'm often spinning plates with one being awake and another asleep and then they swap. The only time they've both been asleep at the same time being in the car or it being night time. However, I would not have it any other way my life is a happier place for them being in it.

Rocking Motherhood Tag


I would like to thank Mrs Mummy Harris who recently tagged me in the #RockingMotherhood tag and here are my answers:

1.       I’ll wake you up in time for toddler group so you don’t miss it. I know how much the eldest loves it as she thought Daddy was taking her once and was disappointed when they went to the post office instead.

2.       I’ll give eldest choices. She has the option of what to have for meals, what to wear from her ever evolving wardrobe and the choice of walking or being pushed around in a pushchair.

3.       I’m happy for the eldest to run off and do her own thing at toddler group. While she gets stuck in and plays with other children. I’ll keep an eye on her and her little sister.

4.       I’m not too strict. I will allow her to choose the occasional juice over water outside of the house.

5.       Eldest has always loved music especially ‘Row, Row’. I attended a number of baby classes with the eldest and her baby massage classes included nursery rhymes. She also did Zumba Bump with me so this may have rubbed off on her as she loves to boogie.

6.       Eldest is really energetic and is like someone has found the key, wound her up, let her go a little crazy until she tires herself out and falls asleep on the sofa. I’ll pick her up and pop her to bed where she’ll sleep through the night.

7.       The girls not only are learning about the world in which they live but they are also teaching me about it too.

8.       I’m her cheerleader and we will high five each other.

9.       I have enabled her to have her independence as she can easily access her toys and bed.

10.    I’ll go along with her interests. Right now she is ‘Tommy’ (Thomas the Tank Engine) obsessed.  I’m happy for her to watch it and have her own trains.

Please note despite the fact I’ve mainly talked about my eldest daughter here. These will apply to my youngest too when she’s old enough to do things for herself and have her own interests.
I’m not going to tag anyone as I understand tags can be like marmite. Some bloggers love them while others hate them. However, if you’d like to take part and haven’t been tagged by anyone else then feel free to consider yourself tagged. 

Rules 

1) Thank the blogger(s) who tagged you and link to their blog
2) List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (This is just a guideline, it can be more or less)
3) Tag 3-5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag (ok so I broke the rule book here but I wanted people to feel involved)
4) Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar
5) You can also tweet your post to me at @QueenofCollage and @whitecamelias who created the tag)


Two Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Lizzie SomersetDiary of an Imperfect MumMum Muddling ThroughDear Bear and BeanyThe PramshedMummy Times Two

Comments

  1. Such a good idea. we all should definitely shout about how we rock motherhood #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I love a tag although I do pick and choose which I do depending on how much I have on that week! Thank you for linking and welcome to #sharethejoy Lizzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fab mummy! I love that you are her cheerleader! Oh gosh with Aspen we watched endless Thomas, it used to be the older style, not cartoon. We still have our wooden Thomas table with so many trains. Every time we went to a shopping centre we would come home with a new train lol #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. We have a bit of both here. It would be lovely to see that table of Thomas and the trains.

      Delete
  4. Aw, such a great idea to look at the positives of parenthood. It can be so hard not to dwell on our mistakes and fears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes society seems to be set up that way. Negative news sells hey?!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are doing a great job Helena. Sarah #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is lovely and you are totally rocking motherhood! Love how you say that your girls are teaching you about their world - so lovely and that you're their cheerleader - yes! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They do if we take the time out to listen to them. My parents always put the soaps first. ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh I just published a comment and it disappeared! So to quickly reiterate in case you don't get it I was just saying that you are totally rocking this motherhood business and I adore the way you are letting your girls teach you about their world! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to read a little more about you and your family as you've mainly linked guest posts before...You sound like a brilliant Mum - definitely rocking motherhood...I've been tagged for this one must try and do it!
    Thanks for linking to #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs G. I will try to link up more posts about me and my family.

      Delete
  9. I love how you let them be themselves. you are such a good mum, and how cute is she for being disappointed about going to the post office!!! #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes they are both in the same area of the village so it's understandable.

      Delete
  10. Firstly, thank you for taking part. I agree with you that choices are great to develop our little one's independence and I also think that it is important not to micromanage them when for instance at play group. Its nice you give her a little space. You sure are #RockingMotherhood

    #SharingTheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for creating the tag. Totally agree that we should not micromanage. x

      Delete
  11. I love that you call yourself her cheerleader! Isn't that what everyone wants in their mum? And I love your number 7 too - I've learnt so much about the world from my son, it's really opened my eyes to so many things. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they do. They sure do make you slow down and be mindful.

      Delete
  12. Ah fab list, Letting them make their own choices and interests and being allowed to go off an explore is fab. Well done you are rocking motherhood! Thanks for joining us at #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list. I like meme's like this - everyone's doing their best and we all rock at motherhood! #WeekendBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww I'm pretty sure our kiddies would get on!! He loves a boogy! It must be hard juggling two like you do with the age so close together! Lovely tag! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are totally rocking motherhood. I love this idea and I recently tagged and need to get my head together and write my own one! Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab list, I found it really quite cleansing to write mine! Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It certainly can be. You're Welcome.

      Delete
  17. Love your reasons why you're #RockingMotherhood - especially that you are your daughter's cheerleader. Being taught things about the world by our children is a lovely part of parenthood :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It definitely is. We just need to choose to listen.

      Delete

Post a Comment