Farewell 2016, Hello 2017!

It’s easy to lose sight of what you have done when your life is run by two beautiful baby bosses so it’s been really interesting to look back over the past year and recall what it has taught me. I have been truly blessed for sure by the people closest to me as well as deeply saddened by some of the things that have occurred. Here is my review of 2016.  

Family in Utrecht


January

I began the year pregnant with our second daughter and the nesting instinct in full force. With type 2 diabetes I was considered high risk and therefore was meeting with the medical staff on a weekly basis. This also meant no birthday cake for me!

A profile photo of my eldest daughter dressed up as a bridesmaid

February and March

My eldest then turned one in February and in March we travelled to Utrecht where she was bridesmaid for my sister.


Learning to walk


April

April saw us go on lots of geocaching adventures and after walking like a crab for a number of months – side shuffling along walls. The eldest built up the confidence to walk without support and felt very proud of herself.

Eldest on the look out

May

Hubby took the eldest off to see Fort Nelson in May and I enjoyed our walks around the Cotswolds.

The eldest at forest school


June

A stork arrived in June and delivered us our second bundle of joy. She was due to come on Independence Day but babies have their own agendas right?! Many of the blog posts around this time were nature themed too as we took part in the #30 Days Wild Campaign.

Watching over our youngest in her hospital bed
July

July saw me hospitalise myself as I burnt myself in the middle of the night while making formula feed for baby. Queue a very worried big sister who wanted to run after the ambulance and be by my side.

Baby in headband with medal ready for the Ultra Games


 August

In August we were lucky to receive tickets to see the first ever Countryfile Roadshow thanks to Blacks and worked with Tommee Tippee and Bibetta. We met up with family and friends right at the end of the month in northern France.

Family sat on front doorstep of their house in Northern France


September

For us September was a month of travel. Right at the beginning of the month we were in France and since then we've been making the most of the Indian summer (if you can call it that) as we enjoyed a walk around Kingsclere near Newbury.

September also saw me introduce a new series called Creative Crafters for Christmas. I love reading about how creative people are and how they juggle work and life to achieve balance. Of course seeing their gorgeous pieces and getting to feature these great people on my blog has been enjoyable.

Teaset and Caketoppers cakes


October

The month of October had more treats than tricks in store for us from being sent the gorgeous print by DeeDee&Boo to review to tasting delicious cakes courtesy of Caketoppers. We also enjoyed making one of Craft on Seas Halloween projects.

Mummy and the babies out walking

November

November saw us turn on the heating and wrap up warm when out and about. Our trips were fewer for sure due to the cold but we managed a walk near a river and a wander round a small nearby series. 

Our walks were made easier by the Hobbledehoo just one of the delightful products that we had the joy of reviewing over the month. Bubble bath, cards and books also were delivered to the door and appeared in posts on my blog.

The eldest reading a Christmas book

December

December has been rather chaotic for me as despite my Creative Crafters for Christmas series I think I was in denial a bit about the big event. I’m now considering creating the Christmas Eve baskets now and writing out how I’d like to be better prepared next year.


2016 has also seen us say farewell to my car and rest in peace to two family friends. Saying goodbye is never easy but I think myself lucky that they were a part of my life and I’m blessed that I knew them. 

Share your 2016 - Belle du Brighton

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great year on balance. What beautiful photos! I hope you get a birthday cake this year :-)
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great year!
    Beautiful photos.
    Wishing you all the best for 2017 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your review of the year, although I do feel a little exhausted now; boy you were busy! Looking forward to following your journey through 2017 #MMBC x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw how lovely. It sounds like you had a great year despite a few hiccups. I'm sorry you lost friends but glad you were blessed with their friendships in the first place. Hope 2017 is a great year for you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Morgan. Life is one big roller coaster for sure.

      Delete
  5. Helena, so sorry for your losses. Otherwise, sounds like a lovely year for the most part. Sounds like you don't let having two small children slow down your travels! Wishing you a wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean. I actually postponed going on holiday till my eldest was 1.

      Delete
  6. Ah what an exciting year for you with your new arrival, weddings and lots of travel and adventures. It's always hard to lose people, though. Happy new year and here's hoping 2017 is a good one! #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. May 2017 be a good one for you too.

      Delete
  7. Firstly I love the mini bosses phrase! They are time consuming for sure! I think I discovered your blog just as you had your baby and totally missed the hospital bit but came back in on all the geocaching!! What a great round up and your blog is certainly growing in such a nice way, keep doing what your doing! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are but time well spent. Thank you for the encouragement.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely year you had. You have visited some lovely places x
    #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a year especially welcoming a new little arrival. Makes it one of the best eh. I would love to go to Utrecht. I was going to study their once but ended up staying closer to home so would love to actually visit. Thanks for joining us at #familyfun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow studying abroad sounds fantastic. What made you change your mind?

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your second baby. I am impressed that you find time to blog with two little ones to keep you busy!

    Have a wonderful 2017 :)

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always a good year when a new baby arrives! I love the idea of the christmas craft linky, I'm hoping to do more of this sort of thing next christmas! Sorry to hear of your losses too.
    Thanks for linking up with #ShareYourYear! I look forward to seeing what's in store for you in 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment