Top Geocamping Spots in the UK

With the festive season well and truly upon us thoughts turn to getting away on holiday. Today I thought I’d share with you ten top places for Geocamping in the UK.

A tent with a frosty mountain in the background

  • Let me begin with saying how much I love the UK. We are so lucky that we live in such a beautiful place and Trevaylor in West Cornwall I'm told is reflective of this and has lots of geocaches to find too.

  • Another area of the UK covered in geocaches is the Wirral. Many geocachers like to meet up in this region too. The Caravan Club site at West Kirby is even situated next to the 80 cache Wirral Way Series.

  • Other places favoured amongst the UK Geocaching community include Ilfracombe/Woolacombe, Teversal in Nottinghamshire, Suffolk and Pembrokeshire.  

A tent in the woods
  • Of course it's not all about the number of finds. Many people love the community and the geocaching events are a great place to make new friends and learn more about places worth visiting. 2017 sees Kent and Devon both play host to Mega meets during the year. An annual event which takes place in a different region each year and welcomes geocachers from the UK and abroad. A chance to show off what the region has to offer while having lots of fun too. 

  • Piratemania will also be happening again in 2017. This is a great opportunity for the family to dress up and track down geocaches in Somerset.

  • Taking place in May is Caledonian Cachefest and Wooler Camping Event.

So there we have it plenty of places to go geocamping in the UK. I'd like to thank the Geocaching UK community for helping me to compile this list. Right I'm off to tempt my hubby to take me and the girls geocamping during 2017. A full list of events check out the GAGB website.

Comments

  1. Great ideas and some lovely places to stay. I've never heard of geocamping, sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment