I’m a Parent Get Me Out of Here!

This last fortnight has seen my poor family fighting bugs! No not of the creepy crawly kind but that of viruses that have led to sickness! 


A week ago the eldest got a temperature and couldn't keep food down for a little while then last night one by one my family fell sick around me. First baby, then hubby who I've never seen so ill and despite my efforts to try to separate the eldest from the bugs running riot throughout the house she succumbed to it too! Seeing your babies sick and feeling helpless to do anything I rang 111 for advice and they were very helpful. 


If you fall ill this winter make sure to drink plenty of water to flush it out of the system and get plenty of rest. I've CBeebies on for the girls and hubby is in bed. Don’t forget to look after yourself too if you are looking after poorly ones. I took myself out for a bit of fresh air earlier and did a little Christmas shopping. 

Comments

  1. It's definitely the season for bugs. It's horrible seeing your kids poorly, I do hope everyone's on the up soon x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah its so horrible when one by one you all succumb to a horrible bug like that. Hoping everyone feels better soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope you are all feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helena, it's horrible when the family falls foul to winter bugs. They can be particularly hard on the littlest members of the house.

    I am a firm believer in staying home and resting when ill and not soldiering on too much. One, it helps stop the spreading of bugs and secondly it aids recovery.

    I hope you are all fit, healthy and bug free very soon.

    Thank you for linking up to the #MMBC.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she was the first to react bless her. I blame her Daddy as we've not really been anywhere.

      Delete
  5. Ah its awful when this happens, I hope they are all better soon, sending love and make sure you get some rest too like you say xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. It finally caught up with me Friday night. I may have told my family I hated them at that time!

      Delete
  6. awww, sorry to hear about the sickness, a lot of bugs around this time of year. I agree get some fresh air and time out, does you the world of good X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've hardly been any where so it was a shock

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear that you have all been poorly. Hope you are all feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your poor little family. I hope they're all on the mend and feeling better. And wise words about looking after ourselves - I do think it's easy to forget when you're running around after others. But yes, lots of water, fresh air and Vitamin C certainly helps
    Hope they're all on the mend
    xx
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey it was a scary experience but one we are slowly putting behind us.

      Delete

Post a Comment