Creative Crafters for Christmas: Occasionally Paper

With Christmas just around the corner I thought it would be great to interview a number of creative crafters that can offer something unique at this time of year. This week I am delighted to feature Leanne from Ocassionally Paper.
Occasionally Paper Logo
Hi for those who don’t know you, could you please tell us a bit about yourself.

My name is Leanne and I'm the designer and maker behind the Oxford based business of Occasionally Paper. My creative flair comes from being taught different crafts at an early age by many family members including my Mum, Grandparents and Aunties. I originally started out with cross stitch and embroidery but my obsession with paper took over and one day I would love to get back to doing them….. Maybe when I retire!! I started my business life as Paper Occasions as a business when my family and friends suggested that I could sell the items I was making and it has grown from there. After a few years I felt that a name change was in order as I branched out, as well as making cards I started making various other products. That’s when Occasionally Paper was born.

Stall Set Up and Ready to Sell


What sort of creative business do you run?

Occasionally Paper is a producer of handmade greeting cards, home décor items, practical little gifts and Make It Yourself kits. Occasionally Paper has been running for many years and now I attend regular events throughout the year, have my items in two shops and sell through my social media platforms.

Occasionally Paper Craft Stall


What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a go themselves?

Do it!!! If you love designing and making something why not sell it. It can be very daunting but start small and it can go from there. I never researched or tested my business idea before going for it which completely went against what I had been taught in my Business Management Degree but I had and still have my passion for my business and that is what matters. Another thing I will say is make sure that you cover all the legal aspects of making and selling…. HMRC, CE testing if you are making items for children, insurance and such like. These are just as important as the items you make.

Occasionally Paper Kits

How do you juggle your creative work/life?

With my business growing every day, I have to be organised in order to get everything done. I work Part-time in a very busy day job and really enjoy the fact I can still run my business. Technology has really helped me to keep on top of orders, emails and communications with customers. It also helps me to produce my Make It Yourself Kits. I have a very understanding partner and he’s use to me sat in the evenings making things.

Where can we find you?

If any of you are interested in finding out more please check out Occasionally Paper on all Social Media Platforms. 

Dear Bear and Beany

Comments

  1. ooo im gonna have to check you out when I get a minute! #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series, it is so great to see such brilliant, creative and inspirational people making a success of their business. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree it's very helpful and encouraging. People are incredible.

      Delete
  3. ooh another lovely showcase - where do you find all these amazing crafters!
    Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the least creative person ever and I admire people that can do it. To also make a business is amazing. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an inspiring series for anyone looking to set up their own craft business. A few of my friends have done it, so I know how challenging it can be, but how rewarding too. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh I'd love to read about them too. Yes they certainly are inspiring.

      Delete

Post a Comment