Word of the Week: Beginning

This week there's been a number of firsts and I've begun doing a few things. My mum phoned me the other day asking me to begin thinking of what the girls may like for Christmas (yes I said that ‘C’ word!) and I knew exactly what they may like – well eldest more precisely although I am certain that the youngest will soon be playing alongside her given a year or so. What I failed to tell her though was that I could easily come up with something my girls may like but never anyone else?!


  
Following my call with her I took myself out for some fresh air and began ticking off the girls Christmas list. I am glued to my girls every day of the week so getting time to myself is rare. My girls are never far from my mind though but I'm reassured with the knowledge of my babies being cared for by their Daddy. While out shopping I came across the new fiver that was apparently released in the last couple of months. I think I must have been in a baby bubble for a while as I didn't know there’d been a new one released and thought the shop lady was trying to give me play money! I then used it in a well known food shop and made my first free tea. Usually hubby makes that while I make sure we still have our baby girls.

I've also begun to dig out the Christmas decor and put it in one place. Boy did hubby get a shock when he opened the door to under the stairs and came confronted by the Christmas tree! We have a black fake tree but I grew up with a traditional real tree that was planted in the garden after Christmas so I am really tempted to get real ones for the girls. What do you think is fake the way to go? Or do you love the traditional ones? As I moved the old Christmas decor I became aware of what additions I’d like to make to the little hoard and have even begun to make my own.


So there you have it my word of the week has to be ‘beginning’. 

Comments

  1. I love real trees since it's such a novelty for me. Plus I think the smell of pine is just magical :) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe! The new five pounds do look like play money. I am not keen on them at all.
    We always have a fake tree...The thought of a real one scares me. They sound so hard to look after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true they do. I think I'd have to rely on hubby to look after ours.

      Delete
  3. A good word for your week. I grew up with real trees and love that my mum still gets one as the smell of it just brings back so many happy memories. We have a fake tree as it is just so much easier! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the run up to Christmas. You sound like you've made a good start. We always had a real tree before the children, but stopped because I started to worry about babies crawling on needles. They are much older now. You can't beat the smell of a real tree.#wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know about that I don't know what the rest of the family would like!

      Delete
  5. Oh Christmas hahahaha at least you have started with the decor. #weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post/thought. We haven't even thought about Christmas here yet.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been stocking up on Christmas supplies too this week, there is so much to do at this time of year isn't there? But I love this time of year it all feels so exciting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure is. Thankfully I have found my lovely little notebook from last year which helps.

      Delete
  8. Oh noooooooo!!!! Not Christmas! I prefer, silly me, to focus on Thanksgiving, at least for the time being. Sounds like you are Across The Pond, tho, and may just be skipping T'giving. Which is sad, because it is an absolutely wonderful family time -- with no decorating and no gifts! Found you on #weekendblogshare, BTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in the UK we skip Thanksgiving. Maybe one day our little country will adopt it too.

      Delete
  9. I thought about a real tree for this year as we do need a new one but I worry about it lasting long enough as we like to decorate for December 1st. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I forget about the upkeep of the tree

      Delete
  10. Oh I agree about the new five pound notes - they're so slippy and feel like play money! We have two trees, a traditional one and a little red fake one for the playroom. Often I think the fake one looks better!
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do. That sounds like a great practical idea.

      Delete

Post a Comment