Review: Stampin’Up! UK ‘Oh Happy Day Card kit’

So you've got the present sorted and now it’s just a card to go with it that you are in need of. Well help is at hand with Stampin' Up!’s card kits. These lovely card kits can make even those who don’t believe themselves to be creative proud of their creations.

Stampin' Up! Kit

These card kits come complete with all the components you need to quickly create 20 cards perfect for a range of events. The only thing you need to add to the mix is adhesive. I made my cards with double sided sticky tape which I cut to size with my own scissors. I was sent the Oh Happy Day Card kit photoed here.


The Oh Happy Days Card Kit

1)      Using the instruction leaflet choose the card you want to create
2)      Pick out all the components. These are handily numbered and you can see the numbered pieces needed on the visual instructions.
3)      Start building up your cards using adhesive
4)      Pick up the stamp you have chosen and put it on the see through block
5)      Apply lots of ink on to the stamp and add the stamp to the component. Don’t worry if your stamped up image comes out faded. You can always go over it with a pen.
6)      Finally add any other embellishments such as the twine. The measurements you need for this are given in the visual instructions.

My cards made from the kit

Of course if you wanted to you could always go off piste a little perhaps change the stamp or a component you want to use and see where that takes you. The main thing is to have fun and enjoy the process and make sure you have someone look after your kids while you create the cards or they’ll want to get in on the process!

The Oh Happy Day Card kit retails at £31.50.

Disclaimer: I was sent the Oh Happy Day Card Kit mentioned above for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. This looks like a great way for the less creative among us, to get in on some handmade action. Handmade is always so much lovelier! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. People appreciate handmade creations made from love.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely kit. Some lovely cards to be made.
    #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, and would make a fab Christmas present, or it would be perfect for me to wrap presents. Claire x #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wish I could have the time time and paitence to make cards! This looks really quite good and they look good too! christmas wish list maybe! Thanks for linking up to #famiyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you start it's difficult to stop. These are so easy and quick to make.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh this is too cute!! Thanks for linking up #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think personalised cards are a great idea. We did some this year. Not as good as those admittedly, but my two are very young. I would definitely look to doing something like this when mine are older. Thanks for sharing it with her us at #familyfun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personalised are lovely. It's the thought that counts and the recipients will know they were made with love.

      Delete
  7. This kind of thin is a dream activity for my daughter, she just loves crafts and kits like this make it easy to create something pretty! #EatSleepBlogRT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... not sure where my comment went so if you get two I'm going mad! My daughter totally loves craft and would love this kit! #EatSleepBlogRT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I love them! What a great job you've done too. I love how modern they look - some handmade cards look a bit old fashioned if you get what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank Sian. I merely followed the instructions with these.

      Delete
  10. Looks a great kit - I can't wait for my two to be a bit older so we can do some lovely crafts like this. At the moment it would just be a jumbled mess of stuff cut out and stuck upside down! #eatsleepblogrt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment