Creative Crafters for Christmas: Francine’s Workshop

With Christmas just around the corner I thought it would be great to interview a number of creative crafters that can offer something unique at this time of year. This week I am delighted to feature Chloe Francine with Francine's Workshop.

Francine's Workshop Logo


Hi for those who don’t know you could you please tell us a bit about yourself?

My name’s Chloe Francine and I started Francine’s Workshop with my husband Mark, who is an artist and graphic designer. We share our home with our gorgeous dog Macy and cheeky rabbit Dasher. We both love the great outdoors and anything handmade (especially if its personalised!).

Francine's Unicorn Print

What sort of creative business do you run?

Currently we make personalised children’s prints and also sell my husband's original artwork, running the business from our home in Muswell Hill, North London. We are hoping to keep expanding the business with new items such as cards, wedding invites and items for other events; we had a commission for a Christening which was fun. Most of our family and friends have children so that seemed like the right place to start. Slightly longer term we hope to open a small shop to sell our items and maybe look to support other local artists and designers.


Francine's Bear Print


What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a go themselves?

It may sound corny but I would say just go for it! If you have a passion for something and it makes you happy there is absolutely nothing stopping you. There are so many online market places these days which makes finding your customers so much easier but sticking to something you know and love will really help you succeed. We had spoken about starting a business a few years back but never found the time. Then one day I was browsing through Not On The High Street and my husband said “I could make something like that” so I turned and said “Well let's do it!” and that was the start of Francine’s Workshop!

Francine's Seal Print


How do you juggle creative work/life?

We are actually really fortunate with this, I work full time running another business but my husband works from home as a writer so between us we find the time. He spends his days working on designs and I run the business side, coming up with new products and managing social media and sales. It does mean coming in from work and spending my evenings working but like I mentioned earlier, if you find something you really love it doesn't feel like work.

Francine's Deer Print

  
Where can we find you?


The best place to find us is on our Etsy Shop here. Our Instagram here and on Facebook here. We hope to see you soon!

Thank you, Chloe for taking time out of your busy schedule to be interviewed.  If you are a creative crafter and would like to be interviewed on a future post in this series please get in contact. 

Comments

  1. These are just beautiful! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely prints. I am popping over now to have a better look :) #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love those prints! Fascinating to hear about the story behind the creative. Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that stag print! These are stunning! #POCOLO Sounds like Chloe and her husband have a great partnership!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
    2. So pleased to discover this series, I'm a total craft sucker!! #EatSleepBlogRT

      Delete
  5. That deer print is absolutely gorgeous. Love the idea of this business and their prints - wishing them all the success. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those are beautiful. I really love the triceratops #dreamandsparkle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you'd have to love Dinosaurs for that one.

      Delete
  7. Oh those prints are just stunning! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. The prints are gorgeous!I'd love to be artistic but unfortunately I'm not in the slightest :-( x #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so you'll be buying from crafters instead?

      Delete
  9. What gorgeous prints! And I totally agree Chloe, if you love what you do, work is never a chore (well, unless it's the dreaded accounts :-D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaargh accounts have to agree with that one.

      Delete
  10. Your work is gorgeous! I'm trying to think of designs for my own shop, which has been taking forever to get off the ground because I've been uncertain about it. There's nothing quite as fun as being an artist #picknmix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you just have to get stuck in. The saying goes 'an artists work is never done'.

      Delete
  11. These prints are gorgeous. I'm looking for some for my living room and I also love the children's name prints. i've just followed on Instagram. Thanks for joining the #weeekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased I've inspired you to follow them on instagram

      Delete
  12. Oh wow! Those prints are gorgeous!
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  13. So true re finding something you love and it not feeling like work. I feel like that with blogging :) what fabulous designs your hubby comes up with! beautiful #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  14. These prints are just so beautiful.love the stag one #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh lovely! This is truly inspiring, and just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it, and just go for it. If you love something, then you'll put in the hard work to make it work. Thanks so much for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. You've reminded me of the quote 'wisdom begins in wonder' by Socrates.

      Delete
  16. Wow how beautiful - great ideas for xmas!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are beautiful. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful prints! I know the feeling with working and then working in the evening (I do it with blogging)

    I'm going to pop over to the shop and have a closer look at the prints.

    Thank you for linking up to #KCACOLS and I hope to see you back again on Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are. I'm pleased I have inspired you.

      Delete
  19. Oh these are beautiful, I particularly like the unicorn print! Thanks for linking to #PickNMix
    Eilidh x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how beautiful these are, especially that stag at the end! Thanks for linking up to #Picknmix Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm pleased you like their work.

      Delete
  21. They are really beautiful! I love the positive advice about just going out and doing what you love #eatsleepblogrt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think we all need to hear positivity.

      Delete
  22. What a lovely series to do! These pictures are absolutley beautiful too. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those prints are gorgeous! What a great idea for a series! #DreamandSparkle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow I love the Stag print that looks fantastic! Thanks so much for linking up with #DreamandSparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kat. The stag print sure is lovely.

      Delete

Post a Comment