Creative Crafters For Christmas: Sweet Evangelines

With Christmas just around the corner I thought it would be great to interview a number of creative crafters that can offer something unique at this time of year. This week I am delighted to feature Deborah with Sweet Evangelines.


Sweet Evangelines Logo


Hi, for those who don't know you could you please tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Deborah and I run Sweet Evangelines.  We have 6 children and our eldest boy and his girlfriend just had our first grandson, I blog at Countryheartandhome.com which keeps me busy as it is now a full time job.  I love everything shabby chic and crafting, after starting out as a scrapbooker and paper crafter I progressed to making clothes for our girls and household items.



What sort of creative business do you run?
Sweet Evangelines is a handmade emporium that sells literally anything you would like made, I have made everything from books to clothes, d├ęcor to dolls!  I had to close the shop for a while as it was just too busy and as soon as I open the books I end up run off my feet with orders!  I'm going to open the doors at the beginning of November for a month to get Christmas orders complete but then close again so that I can have time with family this year – last year I was working until the last posting day almost 24 hours a day!

What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a go themselves?
As long as you are prepared to work unsociable hours and all the hours god sends then go for it!  There will of course be days, even weeks or so when there is nothing and you wonder if its worth it but hang in there and once word spreads about quality of work you will be run off your feet as people appreciate handmade crafts!

How do you juggle creative work/life?
A lot of my work is done once the children are in bed, but I'm sure any other crafter will agree that when inspiration strikes you need to do it there and then!  Just make sure you prioritise family and some time for yourself otherwise it turns into a chore and that work you once enjoyed becomes less fun!


Where can we find you?

On Facebook you can find Sweet Evangelines here.  and My blog here.

Comments

  1. Ah what a beautiful collection. You are very talented! Love the little coat!
    Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome crafts you showcased in this post. I especially love the girl's coat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah is definitely talented. I'm in awe too.

      Delete
  3. That sure is beautiful work! Wish I could do it! #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous items! Love the little drawers. Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Stevie. Deborah sure is talented.

      Delete
  5. Wow, love the look of the advent calendar with all the little boxes, gorgeous!
    #Picknmix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be perfect to countdown Christmas wouldn't it.

      Delete
  6. Love everything here - and those advent calendar drawers, surely just too good for Christmas. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful things, I can see why she is so busy.
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a talented lady! That coat is adorable! I wish I could be more crafty like this! :) #DreamandSparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. They look so beautiful in the photos.

      Delete
  9. Absolutely beautiful items, I can see why Deborah is inundated with orders. What a talented lady #DreamandSparkle

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh what a beautiful collection my daughter needs that coat in her life !! #dreamandsparkle

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable things here! I crochet and people always tell me I should sell my stuff but it takes so long and I just wouldn't have the time. hats off to Deborah for managing it all with kids too! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are. I've never tried crochet the closest I have got is knitting which is challenging.

      Delete
  12. I absolutely LOVE that darling stocking garland - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous things! That advent calendar is absolutely gorgeous! I always wonder how people run businesses like this alone - this is clearly one very talented lady! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this idea for a series! Those advent calendars (the stockings and the house style one) are beautiful! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely items, love the doll! I've always meant to try making one similar for my daughter, sewing isn't my best talent though! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've wanted to try making one myself but have yet to get round to it.

      Delete
  16. Wow what a gorgeous selection of beautiful things! I love the name too! My daughters name is Evangeline :) Thanks so much for linking up to #dreamandsparkle, hope to see you back next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she sure has a lot of lovely things. I think it's heavenly.

      Delete
  17. I absolutely love handmade. It's so important to me to find something that has been made with love and passion. I love this collection. I wish I had the talent to make these things myself but I'm a buyer :) #kcacols

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment