The Girls Spooky Books

Following on from my Autumn/Fall post on books about the season. I thought it would be great to reflect on what the girls Halloween book collection looks like too. Photoed below are just four of the books that are in their ever expanding collection.

A selection of Halloween books

Angelina's Halloween

My favourite book from childhood has to be A Mouse's Diary by Michelle Cartlidge which was given to me when I was three and am still in possession of today. Angelina the Ballerina is the closest I've found today to that book so when I saw this one in the series I thought it would be a lovely way in which to introduce Halloween. It tells the story of what happens when Angelina goes trick or treating with her friends and little sister.

Emily Brown and the Thing

When Emily Brown finds a Thing outside her window crying she sets out to help it overcome it's fear of the dark.

The Princess and the Wizard

From the author of the Gruffalo (Julia Donaldson) comes a delightful book featuring a princess and wizard. The princess has to outwit the wizard using magic to escape. Will she be able to escape his clutches?

Winnie the Witch

Having turned everything black in her home to hide the mess. Winnie loses sight of her black cat. Will she be able to fix things so that she can see them again?

The Girls Collection 

Here is the selection that’s on my girls’ bookshelves this year alongside their autumn books, but I'm sure this collection will grow.

The Girls Halloween Books


What are your favourite Halloween stories for children?


Laura's Lovely Blog

Comments

  1. Ahhh these books look great, my daughter would love them and so perfect for this time of year xx #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. This is perfect as i was just looking for some new books, I love the sound of the princess and the wizard. thanks for sharing #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to be able to help. She also wrote The Gruffalo so it's a sure hit.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I miss having little ones and reading these types of books with them. My two would have loved these. Have fun reading with your little ladies x #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, spooky books are always fun at this time of year.
    My grandchildren are a little too young for these atm. Maybe next year :-)
    #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo good idea to theme the books, i love angelina and winnie the witch. Enjoy! #triballove

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are fans of Winnie the Witch here! Strangely, my son is scared of all Halloween stuff but loves Winnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids were always such scardy cats, these look adorable #mg

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great little collection of books. Winnie the witch just brought back memories! I may have to see if I can get hold of a copy for our little ones :-) Thanks for sharing this on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  9. I love it when there are seasonal books to encourage reading. I like Winnie the Witch best! Thanks for linking up with #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. Winnie the Witch is good but a little too old for the girls at the moment.

      Delete
  10. We don't have any Halloween books yet! Hopefully soon! #kltr

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just shared a post with mine and someone also recommended The Princess and The Wizard, I'll have to put that on our list. I picked up Winnie the Witch Flies Again in a charity shop, but we've not read the original, so another for my wish list!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen any Halloween's childrens books in charity shops recently so well done on the find

      Delete
  12. Oh I should have read this last week as Halloween was such fun! You should add Room on the Broom to this list which is awesome.
    Thanks for linking up to #kltr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment