Review: The Family Travel Show

At the beginning of the month we all headed to London’s Olympia to see The Family Travel Show. Having seen the website and talked to one of the lovely organisers I was thrilled to be able to attend.

If you've never been to the Olympia before then it really is a great venue. It’s easily accessible and we managed to park relatively close by. My husband and I were lucky enough to win tickets to one of the shows held their previously and were blown away at what was on offer at the venue.

I therefore assumed that The Family Travel Show would be rather big and take up several rooms too. Sadly on arrival we took the escalator upstairs to a room where very few travel brands had their stalls and immediately my spirits were a little crushed.

All of the brand reps were friendly and approachable at the show and they were all happy to see little ones running around freely. My daughter particularly loved all the balloons and beach balls available, and was very keen to hold a pretty pink umbrella.  

I must admit to letting my imagination run away with itself at the prospect of scuba diving too. I had envisioned a huge tank with people partaking in this activity inside the venue. After all the last time I had been to the Olympia I’d seen people swimming up and down a pool. However, this wasn't to be it turned out to be a small talk with demonstrations of the apparatus but not in the water.

Sadly, there’s not much located nearby except shops. It would have been lovely to escape to a hands on science museum or something else aimed at the kids afterwards but my hubby deemed that sort of thing a little too far to travel to with our girls.


Will I go to the Olympia again? I’d sure love to. In fact I’d love to attend their Ideal Home Show at Christmas event. 

Disclosure: We were sent free tickets by the lovely Family Travel show organisers.  

Comments