Creative Crafters for Christmas: Poppy K Crafts

With Christmas just around the corner I thought it would be great to interview a number of creative crafters that can offer something unique at this time of year. This week I am delighted to feature Katie Reid with Poppy K Crafts.

PoppyKCrafts Logo

Hi for those who don’t know you could you please tell us a bit about yourself?

I am Katie Reid also a guest designer on Jewellery Maker.

Dragonfly Jewellery

What sort of creative business do you run?

I love to make art that people can wear. I set up my Etsy shop Poppykcrafts in 2014. I set it up because I wanted to share my creations with everyone.



What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a go themselves?

The advice I would give is plan, plan, plan and manage your time because you can get lost in the crafting vortex. If you are anything like me you see something sparkly and get distracted!!!


Necklace on mannequin

How do you juggle creative work/life?

I try to have a balance of crafting and work life with family life. I don’t know how but I seem to get it about right!! You can find me on Etsy. You can also find me on Guest Designer page.

Necklace on mannequin

Have a great day and Keeeeeeeeeeeep Crafting xx

Thank you, Katie for taking time out of your busy schedule to be interviewed.  If you are a creative crafter and would like to be interviewed on a future post in this series please get in contact. 

Comments

  1. That butterfly is absolutely gorgeous and I love the uniqueness of these pieces. I can see how it could be easy to get pulled into a crafting vortex I constantly am pulled into a blogging one. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too. Always something else to do.

      Delete
  2. A lovely glimpse behind the scene loving her creations! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm pleased you like them.

      Delete
  3. Love the butterfly, so unique! Great idea for a series in the run up to Christmas x
    #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm often distracted by everything sparkly and then wonder what on earth I was doing in the first place. Love the idea of wearable art, thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concept of art that people can wear, such a fun idea. Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. She is truly talented.

      Delete
  6. I love the unique jewellery here! :)
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment