Word of the Week: Overwhelmed

There's a word that for the last couple of weeks has risen above the rest. That word is:




As I think I pointed out to my blogging buddy I feel there’s so many things to learn in the world of blogging. Then as soon as you think you've mastered that along comes something else.

My to do list is somewhat questionable and based loosely on those that I've seen floating around the internet, but then some days I don’t feel I want to tie myself down to a strict structure and accidentally get caught up in the rabbit hole of social media. There are so many chats/hours out there and many lead on to discovering yet another new and exciting one. Oh and sometimes they happen at the same time like on a Tuesday!

I've been keeping a notebook of all the things I'm learning but then I misplace one and end up writing everything out again! There are tips and tricks all over the place. There’s so much to learn that I feel like there’s a blogging manual out there that I'm missing and some people who are rising to the top have read it.

I love the social media aspect but that then things undoubtedly snowball e.g.. to schedule or not to schedule and why exactly was I doing that again? Should I use monthly prompts or not? What’s this about SEO and tags? DA and PA? What’s this about follow/no follow links and stats? I feel like I'm going round in circles and tripping over myself.


Do you keep a folder of all the juicy posts out there? Write diaries? Have to do lists? Do you know where the secret blogging handbook is located?

Comments

  1. No, if only there was a secret handbook! It can be so overwhelming and there is always something more to learn, something more you could be doing. You could work on your blog 24/7 and there'd still be more to do. Getting the balance is key so you can avoid overwhelm, but it's tricky to do, isn't it? Hope you feel better next week, thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree whole heartedly with your comment. It sure is tricky when you get addicted.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had the answer. I think balance is the key, as it is with most things, and enjoying it. Hope next week feels less full on. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I definitely enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I have been blogging for nearly 4 years and I am still learning!
    I don't understand SEO stuff...lol I have no interest in DA as I am on the free blogspot and I keep an eye on my stats but I don't let them bother me.
    Try not to worry. Keep doing what you're doing. I think you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kim. I really appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  4. Awww bless you Helena. There is no secret book out there. I wish there was but I imagine it'll be bigger than the works of Shakespeare. I bullet journal. All I do is keep lists and highlight the important stuff for each day. We can't do everything at once but hope to learn from each other as we go. Don't be hard on yourself x#weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness lol. I like the comparison. Bullet journalling does sound like an interesting concept. Thanks for the suggestions. They sound the way to go for me.

      Delete
  5. I know how you feel, it can be so overwhelming, Social media and blogging didn't exist in my world this time 2 years ago, and it has been a huge learning curve. Still I feel disorganised! Tomorrow is my #mg link up and I haven't even written a post for it yet, I am never organised even though i say I will be each week. Time just gets away! Just keep going and know that your writing is always appreciated and loved xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you so much. We work very similarly.

      Delete
  6. I'm not surprised you are feeling overwhelmed Helena, there is so much to learn I seem to learn something new every day. I try to break it down and learn one thing at a time, perfect that then move on. I'm only an email away and will help you if I can x #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment