Word of the Week: Change

Although we were only away a week we have all come back from our holiday in France feeling refreshed. So refreshed in fact that we have been considering little changes here and there.



My daughter was introduced to Thomas the Tank Engine which was a favourite both with me and her father when we were young too.  So we've decided that it may become a ritual in this house before going to bed.

We've also decided to sit round the table for dinner instead of having it on trays in front of the television. Hopefully in starting this now we can make it a good habit and be more sociable.

Talking of sociable I've been joining in with a couple of Twitter chats and love the sense of fun that comes from them. It’s also a great way of learning about specific topics related to parenting.

Of course as every blogger knows it’s great to be a part of every social media going so each week I've been assigning myself the task of getting to know each one of the a little better. This week I decided to take notes on Pinterest and I thought I was doing well with the number of followers I have there but oh my goodness there are others on that platform that have got several k!

Finally, I'm inspired by the creative play of many people on the internet. So I've been considering undertaking the A-Z challenge by the inspirational Two Tiny Hands.


How was your week? Have you made any changes recently? Do you keep notes on all the different social media platforms? What games/messy play activities did you do with your babies?

Comments

  1. Plenty of positive changes for you. We like to eat round the table, too, it really is a normal part of our day and it's a good time to chat. Ass to Pinterest,it is great there - I love it! Stick with it and enjoy :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn. I feel like I've only just scraped the surface.

      Delete
  2. Ohh! I like the sound of your changes. They are so positive!
    I really should take more notice of social media. All I really use properly is Twitter. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Got to love Twitter although I came across a book today which suggests not everyone does.

      Delete
  3. Love a bit of messy play here - I'm desperate to invest in a tough tray.May check out that A-Z challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I have heard good things about those. So many different uses and great for inside and outdoors.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've had a really lovely time away and you've come back all positive. It's great when a holiday can make you feel like that. I love that you're exploring social media; I never seem to have enough time to do each properly, but Pinterest is the one I want to master next - I'll pop over & follow you :))
    I have dinner at the table every afternoon with the children & we all eat together with Hubby at the weekend. It's become our normal and now that they're older it's an opportunity to catch up on their day. I love this time together, too xx
    #WordoftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I do feel like I've got a spring in my step at the mo. I love social media for the community. Learn a bit, little and often. Thank you for the follow.

      Delete
  5. Holidays always inspire me to make changes. You have lots of great ideas. I love sitting round the table for every meal. For us, it means we can catch on everyone's day. I wouldn't miss it. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commented but its gone. If I have 2 please erased this one hehe..

    We used to eat in front of TV too but we are using our dining table now. So hard to start but so worth trying =)

    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully by doing it from day one after our holidays it will work.

      Delete
  7. It is great that the holiday has given you a revitalise. You sound so motivated and ready for new changes X #wotw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment