The Siblings Project {September}

Oh my goodness. Time has flown by and here I am yet again writing up a post about my daughters. Gosh just writing that makes me feel all grown up and proud of my beautiful babies. Despite feeling like I'm constantly juggling or plate spinning people’s needs I wouldn't have it any other way.


With Grandparents in France

My 19 month old
  • The eldest continues to show affection to everyone and I've seen her offering things to people including biscuits.
  • Such a loving, caring girl most of the time but oh my she seems to know how to get my attention and act up if I'm not paying her enough.
  • She still snuggles up to me and likes to fall asleep on my lap with a bottle of cow’s milk in her hand
  • She calls her baby sister ‘sis’ and tries to interact with her but needs to be reminded to be gentle
  • She can easily fit the shapes into her sorter, turn the dials and press the buttons on her pop up toy and I've just started introducing her to jigsaw puzzles.
  • She has also found a new love in the form of Thomas the Tank Engine and likes her grandparents cats.
  • I’d like to do messy play, dough, arts and crafts and more with her but have yet to get round to it.

...and another one for fun.

My 2 month old
  • The youngest is still on a formula milk only diet
  • She sleeps in her Moses basket at night but likes her bouncer too as it enables her to see everyone easier.
  • She loves snuggles and needs reassurance.
  • She loves her Lamaze Dragonfly
  • Is increasingly conversational and loves to play day or night
  • She’s started cluster feeding and considering sleeping more at night
  • Sadly colic sees her getting very upset at night but I'm hoping it will go as quickly as it appeared

What were your children like at this age?

The Me and Mine Project

Comments

  1. Well I have four girls---including identical twin toddlers. I will say this

    Numbers 1 and 3- wild wild feral children at 19months
    Numbers 2 and 4 --- sweet and mild natures at 19th months

    At two months the first born was a fussy, squirrely nugget, number 2 barely moved and honestly the twins were such a blur I don't even remember!

    #FabFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you've got your hands full. Funny how they can be so different.

      Delete
  2. Ah, so sweet that your eldest calls her sister 'sis'. It's tricky as they aren't very gentle at that age are they?! Glad they're both doing well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think toddlers are aware of what we as adults worry about. Thankfully she understands the word 'gentle'.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful to record their stages at each month. You think you'll remember but you don't. They change so quickly. Enjoy. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that your eldest is interacting with her sister. I love how you are making a lasting record of their progress. I find it very hard to remeber mine at a specific time in their development. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had done this earlier with my eldest.

      Delete
  5. They sounds so cute together. My youngest calls her big sister "sister" all the time even now at 19 months and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my kids were at this age, I realized quickly why you end up seemingly favoring your youngest — I found myself protecting him from his brother because he was too young to do so. My older son easily snatched toys or treats he wanted from his younger brother he wanted, and I had to stand up for the younger one, which sometimes seemed like I was favoring him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. They have yet to get to this stage.

      Delete
  7. I love that she calls her 'sis' - that's adorable! Rainbowsaretoobeautiful via #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When we ask her where she is she goes to find her.

      Delete
  8. Aww... how kind if the big sis to be offering biscuits to everyone, and call her little sister 'sis' - that's very cute! <3 Thank you so much for sharing your lovely story with us on #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think so too but I am obviously biased.

      Delete
  9. poor darling with Colic and poor mummy too! I love that your older daughter is even sharing her biscuits that is sweet! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She only gets the occasional one. So I was surprised to see that she gave it away at toddler group.

      Delete
  10. Aw your eldest calling her baby sister "sis" is adorable. I remember my eldest not being quite so gentle at a similar age - they just don't realise how much strength they have! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. I don't think they are aware of the concept of danger either.

      Delete
  11. Aw love this :) My youngest was born when my eldest was 19 months... he hated him on sight and tried to bite him when ever I turned my back, so my youngest spent a lot of time strapped to me for safety until his brother decided he liked him after a while thankfully! Your girls sound much sweeter ;) Thanks for linking up to #Picknmix Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crumbs that doesn't sound good. Glad to hear things improved.

      Delete
  12. Ah very grown up - but it does sound fab, plate spinning et al. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are joy and little monsters in one.

      Delete
  13. Ahh the toddler/baby days were a bit of a blur to me. Great to keep a record of what they are like though as they grow so quick!

    Thank you for linking up to #KCACOLS and I hope to see you back again on Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw it's lovely to hear how your little ones are getting on. I hope you get to do that messy play at some point. :)
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! You have them 2 very close together. I have the opposite scenario. My eldest is 6 and my youngest is 2. So we have a 4 years gap. It is good and bad. But the great part is that the eldest one can help a lot with the little one which is always a plus! Lovely update and that photo of your girls with the grandparents is for a frame! Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS. It is lovely to have you, :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is great when you have a helper in the eldest.

      Delete
  16. Time goes so quick doesn't it! Especially with little ones. My youngest had really bad colic at around 2 months, it's a difficult stage to get through, but fortunately only a stage. Thanks for linking up with #KCACOLS, hope you join us again on Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly yes. As the saying goes this too shall pass. I feel for the youngest.

      Delete

Post a Comment