Creative Crafters For Christmas: Willow Moon Dreamers

With Christmas just around the corner I thought it would be great to interview a number of creative crafters that can offer something unique at this time of year. I first came across Sarah through her blog Kippers and Curtains and was delighted to discover that she is a creative as well as being a lover of the great outdoors.




Hi Sarah for those who don't know you could you please tell us a little bit about yourself?


My name is Sarah, I am a mum of three and I live in Surrey in the South East, England. I love being outdoors, exploring and upcycling anything I can get my hands on!



Colourful Dreamcatcher



What sort of creative business do you run?


I have just started up my own Etsy shop selling dreamcatchers which I make from a variety of materials. I wanted to make some that you can't find in the shops, so I use recycled sari fabric, natural hemp cord, crystals and feathers. Some are traditional; some are more of a bohemian style. I also blog at Kippers and Curtains  I have some creative tutorials on there as well as family days out and adventures.

White Dreamcatcher

What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a go themselves?


I'd say just go for it. People have been telling me for a couple of years that I should open an Etsy shop - but I never thought I'd do it. The push came in June this year when I got made redundant from a job I'd done for 16 years. I love making things and people were really interested in the signs and decorations which I'd made for our wedding last year. I decided to make a few dreamcatchers and tested the water on Facebook, within minutes a few friends had requested that they'd like some - so I just went for it and set up the Etsy shop.


Brightly coloured Dreamcatcher with tag

How do you juggle creative work/life?


My youngest child started school a couple of weeks ago, so I now have time during the week to make any orders and work on my blog too. The kids seem to like trying to help, so if I need to make some at the weekend I just leave my box of materials out and let them join in!


Pink and White Dreamcatcher

Where can we find you?


My Etsy shop is called Willowmoon Dreamers. I am gradually stocking it with a few different designs and I am working on a custom order today for a girl's birthday present.

Thank you, Sarah for taking time out of your busy schedule to be interviewed.  If you are a creative crafter and would like to be interviewed on a future post in this series please get in contact. 

Comments

  1. Oh those are lovely. Sarah is so talented! #ABloggingGoodTIme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! I made a dreamcatcher with my son when he was worrying about bad dreams and it honestly helped him forget about them completely! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this Helena. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love dream catchers and have always wanted one...pinning this for christmas ideas...my daughter would love one #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, what a super talented lady! Unfortunately they wouldn't go with the man-pad vibe I currently have going in my flat, but if I start having bad dreams I might reconsider :-) All the best, Rob #PicknMix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do. My favourite is the purple one with the tag.

      Delete
  6. Wow, those dream catchers are beautiful x
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dreams catchers look fabulous and what a great interview.
    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are absolutely gorgeous - i love a good dream catcher. Awesome interview
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, these dream catchers are absolutely breathtaking. It's truly wonderful to read about someone on the other side of starting their online business. I've been going back and forth between starting mine, and I think it's time to take the leap. Thanks for sharing <3 #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the quote 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' is the way to go.

      Delete
  10. I love dream catchers #eatsleepblogRT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow these are beautiful, I always used to have a dream catcher from a child as I suffered with night terrors, I would even take one on holiday. Thanks for linking to #PickNMix
    Eilidh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your memories. So sorry that you had the night terrors though.

      Delete
  12. These are beautiful - I wish I had a creative streak like Sarah #EatSleepBlogRT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you do. You're just creative through writing instead perhaps.

      Delete
  13. These are beautiful. I think the key is just to dive right in and give it a go if you want to. A lovely Etsy shop,
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words. Does that mean you are going to make the leap?

      Delete
  14. These are gorgeous little dreamcatchers, they look quite simple to assemble but I'd much rather buy one when they're made so beautifully! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Yes she sure has an eye for creating beautiful dreamcatchers.

      Delete
  15. I had a dreamcatcher in my window when I was a child. For some reason, I thought that it was put there by the BFG to keep me safe! I think I was a bit confused lol. These are very pretty. Thanks for sharing on #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure have a wonderful imaginatin. x

      Delete
  16. These are absolutely stunning! I'm always so amazed by people that run their own businesses, so inspiring. Thanks for linking up to #SundayBest x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how interesting. Those dreamcatchers look awesome. Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment