Word of the Week: Heat

This week there seems to be no escaping the word ‘heat’! It creeps in through the blinds filling the rooms and making me feel like a hot sticky mess.



At night the duvet is replaced with a sheet only to then keep switching between the two never settled on which one is preferable. Whereas the day has seen us seek shade in the playground so we don’t burn.  

Then there’s the food and drink. Who wants to eat big dinners in this weather? Not me – I've been asking for light dinners and reminiscing of holidays on the Balearic islands where my family ate picnic lunches.

The girls have also been wearing their dresses and I've removed all the tights from the cupboard for now. 
The eldest is in that in between clothes age stage so may not go back into them either. While the youngest is unable to sweat so we’re trying to keep her in lovely cool fabrics.


Finally, cold showers are so refreshing in this weather and as I've mentioned before a play park for the eldest would be a great place for her to retreat. If only we had the use of the car during the day

How has your week been? 

Comments

  1. It's been sunny here for most of the week, though not oppressively hot, so all's been well. I like the sunshine and getting out into the garden. I hope you all manage to stay cool, especially little one x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear you've been enjoying the weather.

      Delete
  2. We have had the sunshine but there has been a lovely breeze so it hasn't been too hot during the day....On a night time it has been silly...Duvet on, duvet off and repeat. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with the duvet on and off.

      Delete
  3. I love the sunshine but hate the sticky heat and restless nights. I agree with you about big meals I keep changing our meal plan as none of us has a huge appetite in this weather. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes the evenings were awful for sticky heat.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes it has been hot & sunny which we really don't mind during the day but you're right, the heat creeps in to the rooms in the evening and it has made it difficult for the children to get to sleep. We do put on the fans but they then spend their time fascinated by the fans - not really the outcome I was expecting!
    Yes to lighter meals - who wants to be making a big meal or roast in this weather...not me, either!
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't put the one in our girls room on. I actually forgot we had it as it was stored away at the back of the cupboard.

      Delete

Post a Comment