Word of the Week: Focus



Walks

This week we've been on two (geocaching) walks one around Ashbury and the other closer to home. Sadly despite taking the camera with us I didn't take a picture of the lock which as luck may have it was letting through a boat. Growing up with the likes of Rosie and Jim I can imagine photos of the lock in use would have been lovely. Anyway there’ll be another time I'm sure and perhaps the girls will be more captivated by it next time.

At that precise moment I was rather worried about finding shade for the little ones as the area didn't provide much shelter from the sun. The weather has since changed and resorted back to being rather autumnal again. I like it for its cooler and far less stifling but if the rain could focus just on the plants that would be perfect.  

Home

Once we had returned from our walk on Wednesday hubby focused on cutting back the garden. I'm a little worried that he’s lopped so much off a bush at the back and envision that it won’t grow back again but hubby reassured me it will.

Meanwhile I focused on getting rid of clutter from the hallway. Having boxed things up over the weeks ready to take to the charity shop I finally got rid of it all. The hallway has always been something I have hated and hope to one day change. I've put together a whole Pinterest board on how I would like the place to look. For now though we can breathe a little easier and don’t have hurdles to navigate on entering/exiting the house. We may even have to have the front dug up as we've been without a phone line for a few weeks and that’s where it runs. If this is the case we may as well go for changing the entrance in its entirety right?

Media

Finally, I've been continuing to focus on different parts of social media and learn all about them. I find I'm at my best learning and getting things done when I have created a list to check things off.  One of the things I’d like to join in with is Instagram. Do you have to have a phone to access it?

Comments

  1. Plenty for you to focus on this week. I do love a good declutter, really makes a difference. I only use Instagram on my phone as it's easiest to just take a snap and immediately share it that way. I LOVE Instagram! Hope to see you there x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does. Sounds like I need to save up for a phone to join the fun.

      Delete
  2. It feels great getting things done doesn't it I usually let things niggle for ages then have a huge sort out. With Instagram I know you can view like and comment without a phone but I'm not sure about uploading content. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does feel like I can breathe round here again. I let things build up too. I best get myself a phone hey?!

      Delete
  3. You do need a phone to access instagram. I heard of a program where you can post from your computer called: http://www.grum.co/ but I havent really tried it yet. And add me and I will add you back too!

    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha if only the rain would just concentrate on the plants! It been so cold today and I have loved the heat and all the lovely sun. And instagram! I love it so much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure sounds like it is very popular amongst bloggers.

      Delete
  5. I'm a big Instagram fan, and sometimes when the blog just seems too much it's great to have a few quick snaps and share them on IG. I'm a big fan, but I've only every done it via my phone. Having a clear out can feel good, can't it.
    Hopefully see you over on IG soon!
    #Wordoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like getting a new phone to join in with Instagram is the way forward. There seems to be some lovely groups on there.

      Love a good declutter here.

      Delete
  6. Your walks sound lovely. I have to have lists all I am all over the place and need the structure to keep me calm. X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  7. The walks sound good, and I'm a bit like that with gardening. I cut it back and then hope it grows again, usually it does :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't get enough of walking. We love them as a family.

      Delete

Post a Comment