Me & Mine: July 2016

As we say goodbye to yet another month and welcome in a new one. I take a look back over July and reflect on my experiences.



Blogging
During the month of July I have been enjoying joining in with a whole variety of different linkys and have somehow made it to being top commenter on MarvMondays not just once but twice. Reading all your lovely blogs out there is so much more interesting than watching TV and you never know what you’ll discover.  I particularly love learning about all things to do with blogging, parenting and the outdoors. 

Social Media
Often on the blogs you discover things about social media that surround blogs such as Twitter. Twitter is lovely for communicating, discovering new things and joining in with conversations. I particularly love #tribalchat on Twitter but I sometimes forget to join in. Sorry. I’d love to get much better on Twitter and also the other social media platforms.

Brands
Another thing I have just started to do is pluck up the courage to contact brands. I’d like to work with lots more and feel like I'm only just starting to scratch the surface. I must be the tortoise out of the tortoise and hare regards blogging right?  So much to learn and when I feel I have just mastered one thing up pops another question. I don’t know who/where to pose them too though.

Seeing Friends and Family
July has also been a month of seeing friends and family. It’s lovely to see people when you've all been stuck indoors for so long unable to drive.  I've been considering asking people over for a craft session perhaps in the lead up to the big C with drinks and nibbles.  Hubby has also been up to London to see family and there was a Geocaching picnic we attended recently so we've enjoyed other people’s company. We were considering going up to the Geolympix over the weekend in Ashridge but alas the thought of long walks with the girls put us off till they are older.
Doctors
Of course this month has also been peppered with visits to the local surgery and a trip to A & E for me. Yes I did fancy getting out of the house but not in an ambulance! Thankfully the wound looks to be healing up and this weekend has allowed me to have some more sleep as hubby has had a long weekend off.
So farewell July you've brought us some lovely moments as well as a few challenges. Here’s hoping the month of August will bring more wonderful times.

How did July treat you?

The Me and Mine Project

Comments

  1. It has been a very busy month for you and yours. We love Geo caching, it is one of favourite things to do, it certainly gets you out and about. I agree about blogging being better than watching TV,I can not remember the last thing I watched xx #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear you enjoy Geocaching too. It's my favourite type of exercise followed closely by dancing.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a good month, congrats on the commenting feature for marv Mondays. A shame it was spoilt by a trip to A&E though, I hope you are recovering well!
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a full month! Don't know about you, but July flew by for me! FLEW! July, other than zipping by in the blink of an eye, was a good month for me. I celebrated 13 years with my husband, visited my family for a week, and mede a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate the 40th birthday of one of my friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These months seem to slip by so quickly it's scary. Sounds like you have some great memories from July

      Delete
  4. Wow, that sounds like a super busy month! Congratulations on all your commenting-I, too, love reading other blogs. This blogging community is full of some well-versed people who have so many cool things to talk about-I love it! I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend though-I hope August brings nothing but fun <3 #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for being top commenter with #marvmondays and you always leave nice comments. It's so exciting to pitch to brands!! Good luck with that xx #MMBC @FrenchieMummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helena, linkies are a fab way of finding good posts to read, sometimes the choice of posts is overwhelming don't you find? Plenty of good posts, but not enough time.

    I would love to work with brands, but lack the confidence to contact them. I recently did my first review,which was fun, but they contacted me. And as for social media? The learning never stops!

    Hope you are all healed soon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linkies sure are great for discovering great blog posts. I bookmark a lot for later viewing.

      Aww sorry to hear you lack confidence in contacting brands. I think our confidence levels rise and fall continuously. One way to think about it is 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. It's true there's always something to learn.

      Thank you for the well wishes. x

      Delete
  7. I'm new too (three months in) and am also learning about this new and exciting world! I love finding new blogs and am forever quoting them to The Hub is just nods!! Ha! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate. My hubby and I have different hobbies.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a pretty packed month for you lovely. I know exactly what you mean about all the things there are to learn about blogging. I've been doing this for nearly a year now and I constantly find new things that I really ought to know about or be doing but just don't really know how to go about it. The best thing about it all is that there will always be someone out there who is willing to help. The blogosphere is such a friendly place so if ever you're stuck with anything just shout :) Thanks for linking with #fartglitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for that offer of help. I really do appreciate it.

      Delete
  9. So glad to hear that your wound is healing well. I love sitting and reading blogs too although I struggle to keep up with it sometimes and hardly ever watch TV these days (but don't really miss it!) There always seems to be a lot to learn but the most important thing I think is to hold on to why you love blogging and the rest will come in time. Lovely photo of the four of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and well wishes. There are sooo many blogs out there I understand struggling to keep up with it all. You've definitely raised a great point there. We should not forget our roots.

      Delete
  10. So pleased that your wound is getting better, something you could have done without I'm sure! We've had a lovely July. I feel I may be getting to grips with being a SAHM to three and I'm enjoying the blogging. There have been lots of milestones too - crawling and now the dreaded potty training of the Toddler. August is going to be busy.I hope I can keep up with the blogging :) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely don't want to do that again. Wow three. I feel like I'm spinning plates with two. Enjoy the journeys.

      Delete
  11. Ah what a lovely round up, apart from the A&E trip. Glad to hear you are on the mend though and that your hubby has been taking care of you!

    #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is wonderful about doing so unless he gets sidetracked by wanting to find a geocache. ;)

      Delete
  12. Sounds like you had a busy month.
    Blogging can be very over whelming at times, stay true and continue what you love doing the most and you won't go far wrong.
    Hope you are feeling better :)

    Thanks for being part of #MMBC. Hope to see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne that sounds like great advice to me. I'm feeling much better every day it looks slightly better than the day before.

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a very busy month for you! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, so sorry about the ambulance ride, that can't have been a highlight! And thankyou so much for being our top commenter TWICE, you take so much time and effort to comment on so many of our linkers, it's really lovely and we really appreciate having you as a regular MM blogger. Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, our family have been in and out of hospital this year. Grandad, Me and my Daughters have all been in over the first half of this year!

      You're welcome. I enjoy reading what others have to say.

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a busy month lovely.
    Good to hear you're recovering.
    Blog work with working with brand will come soon lovely! :)
    #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that is a really busy month. Glad to hear you are recovering well. Hope you continue to improve. Thanks so much for linking with #KCACOLS. We hope you come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind wishes I appreciate it.

      Delete
  17. I don't know how you fit it all in! :) well done you on being the top commentator. I really need to diary the tribal chat as Ive heard so many great things!! #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little and often. Organise and enjoy. It's a lovely feeling being online with lovely bloggers all at the same time.

      Delete
  18. Sounds like a busy and good month (apart from A&E)! July was no good for me & blog suffered, but oh well! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now.

      Delete

Post a Comment