Word of the Week: Stressful

Once again I am linking up with Jocelyn Reading at The Reading Residence with my Word of the Week being:



On Monday we were told that our daughter hadn't had quite enough to drink and hadn't gained much since coming out of hospital! The midwife said she’d check back in a couple of days and was pleasantly surprised that baby has now not only regained her birth weight but has piled on a bit more too.

Unlike other babies that are always calling out for milk it seems. My little girls slept through the cries of other babies in hospital and were so comfortable they’d sleep through their feeding times too! To other mums my babies were so peaceful and I heard some wish theirs were like mine but if they knew how worried I've been over the girls eating habits perhaps they’d change their mind.

Just like with our first born we have to record when our second feeds. Timing it till her next feed, measure how much she’s feeding, prepare bottles and wake her up. We've had to strip her down to her nappy to feed at times and get on her nerves rather than her get on to us.

To be quite honest it’s all been rather stressful for me as I feel like targets have to be met with regards to volume of drink being consumed and our nagging her has varying outcomes. How do the medical staff know that x amount should be consumed in x amount of time anyway? All babies are different just as adults are too. Are they taking into account that they are premature and small?

The Reading Residence




Comments

  1. Oh gosh! It does sound stressful. I'm glad your girl has started to put weight on though. I hope things settle down soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, that doesn't sound so good - hope next week is less stressful for you x #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound stressful, and yes, how can they know? My two were breastfed so I hadn't a clue what they were taking. Sorry you've had a rough week, I hope your daughter continues to put on weight so you can stop monitoring her intake like this x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the only way they monitor breastfeeding is through the amount of nappies they get through. I hope she ups her intake too.

      Delete
  4. Our baby was tiny, not premature, but tiny, barely 5lbs and we had to wake her to feed her, but she gained. It was very stressful, so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right babies are all so different, it's so stressful worrying about how much milk they are taking hope she continues to gain weight. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Thanks for commenting Angela.

      Delete
  6. Babies are stressful little creatures whatever you do - like you say, whether they are screaming the place down or sleeping through their feeding times, we always worry. I think parents have a built in worry button! So glad to read that your baby girl is now gaining weight though. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that worry button comes with conception. I'm pleased she's a good little eater too.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness takes me back to those early days. Weight gain was an issue with all three of mine. It's a nightmare! Hope you are getting some rest and don't think about it too much (easier said than done - I know) :/ #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I think about it is we pester her as much as she'll pester us.

      Delete
  8. My eldest was the exact same abd I found it so hard to wake him. I literally had to set the alarm for X amount of time. I know it is stressful but hopefully with time it will ease X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep waking up every few hours it's like a body clock is telling me but yes setting an alarm is very useful.

      Delete

Post a Comment