My Babies and Their Books


As a child I loved reading and would often read a book before going to sleep. I’d love to pass this skill and enjoyment on to my daughters and what better way to present their books than this lovely bookcase.

The Girls Bookcase

Whenever I'm out and about I like to look around the charity shops to see what is for sale. They are great places to pick up stationary, clothes, small gifts and books. 

I was in town when I stumbled across this lovely bookcase and thought it would fit perfectly into my daughters’ bedroom which is brightly coloured and floral. I am actually unsure of the original place this bookcase came from but it looks to me like it may be a GLTC item though there’s no brand name on it. 

There was just one problem could it be taken apart so we could pop it in the car and take it home?! Fortunately, that was not an issue. The challenge came in trying to work out how to put it back together again. The flowers running up the storage helped with that though and when it was all fully assembled I put all of the books into it so the girls can access them when they want. 

How do you organise your child's books? 


Kids Love To Read - Laura's Lovely Blog

Comments

  1. So cute. When our daughter was young we bought a secondhand book shelf, painted it white and let her pick decals to put on it. Yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like the creative idea you had.

      Delete
  2. we are buying a bookcase for little mans books which is a free standing one so he can choose his own every night at story time #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little bookcase.
    It's fab introducing little ones to books at an early age. My two boys are total bookworms :)

    Thanks for being part of #MMBC hope to see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree and hope my daughters are the same.

      Delete
  4. Ah that's such a cute bookcase! We just have a few shelves at the moment but it won't be long before they get filled especially as our son gets older so I will probably get something similar to this! #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Enjoy filling it with lovely books.

      Delete
  5. That is some gorgeous book storage, now to fill it up with lots of lovely books :) Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah what a lovely thing to find!! It's so nice when you get a second hand bargain like that isn't it? Funnily enough, the bookcase I bought for the twins is also second hand, and is almost identical to the one Jess has for her twins!!! Amazing! :) Caro x #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite storage is our Aldi sling bookcase. Cheap and cheerful plus you can see the beautiful covers :) #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I never knew they did those.

      Delete
  8. Oh this is so pretty! We have bookshelves (above drawers) and a Tidybooks wooden case that site on the floor to try and stop the books from piling all over the carpet! Great bargain you got - I do love a good charity shop find! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous looking bookcase. I think it is really cute and fantastic to look at! A good bargain! Angela from Daysinbed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow superb bookcase and like Caro says we have one now too! Jess xx

    #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely find! I love charity shop shopping. Our kids book shelf is at the top of the stairs and most mornings he has pulled all his books off and is sitting looking at them. I must find a little bookshelf for his room one day! #kltr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww bless him. It's lovely that he is looking at books at such a young age.

      Delete
  12. Oh that bookcase is gorgeous! Books seem to be taking over our house, I need to come up with a better system I think. Thanks for linking up to #kltr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books. Mine are organised per category in our Living Room.

      Delete

Post a Comment