Monday, 4 July 2016

Maternity Mondays: Happy Due Date Daughter

For many the 4th of July is no doubt remembered across the world as American Independence Day. For me though it was the due date I was given for my second daughter.  

As you all now know she came even earlier due to Creatinine levels in my body which concerned my kidneys. She on the other hand had been growing really well inside me.



In the last maternity post I wrote about how my daughter may have had other ideas as to how she was going to arrive. All through the night I had felt uncomfortable with contractions that showed up clearly on the monitor all night and well into the early morning. These continued right up until I was sat on the bed and the medication I’d been given seemed to run up my legs leading me to no longer feel the sensations in my body.

From the birthing room next to me I could hear the cries of a newborn baby and knowing that my child would soon be in my arms I wept overcome by emotion.  I had bumped into the couple that had gone in before me during the meeting I’d had with the head anaesthetist the day before and they’d told me that they too had diabetes. I was the second patient that day to have this condition. I was told they don’t normally undertake two c-sections where the patients have this condition in succession but that day they had made an exception.

In the birthing room I was joined by my husband who held my hand and soon our second surprise – our daughter had joined us too. Having heard from several people over the past months that they were expecting boys I too thought I may have had a boy. I was of course overwhelmed to be joined by our baby girl and once again my eyes filled up with tears that rolled down my face.


I'm sharing my birth story with the hope it may help others out there who read it as well as being a memorable moment recorded for my daughter. I hope she won’t mind me sharing it and answering any questions you may have.  

28 comments:

  1. Gosh, that must have been a scary time for you (as if it isn't scary enough being a mummy anyway). I love reading birth stories and keep thinking I ought to write my own, if nothing else then for the cathartic effect and being able to give them to my children. #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your children would love you to write it down for them. You do forget if you don't write it down.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely - how beautiful to document your daughter's arrival and also to re-assure others going through the same thing x #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little one. Thanks for coming along to #marvmondays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww congratulations it's so lovely to hear your story. #marvmondays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. She's so small. I can't wait to get this baby out of me hahaha
    Lx
    Http://workingmumy.blogspot.com
    #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a worrying time for you! I am so glad she arrived safely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I'm pleased they monitored me so closely.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful that you have recorded this for your daughter! Happy should have been today perhaps or maybe not birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that everything was okay in the end! She looks so laid back and content in that top photo, as though there had never been any worry at all! x #marvmondays

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh- my uterus is aching. Gorgeous! I'm glad she's well despite her early arrival. Hope you are too xx
    #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are still keeping a close eye on both of us.

      Delete
  10. A huge congratulations!! I am so glad to hear all is well. Rest up and enjoy life with 2 little ones, it is lovely :)
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad she arrived safely and how strange that you were second person that day with the same condition. Congratulations xx #mg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww congrats lovely! I had no idea that I had missed this annoucement. Probably becuase I've been in our own newborn bubble over the last two weeks too. Glad everything is ok and the little one is well. Such lovely news :-) Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. I totally understand being in our own little baby bubbles. Hope you are enjoying your new bundle.

      Delete
  13. I have never really recorded my birth stories, but is something we actually talk about a fair bit with them. My son is only 6 and doesn't ask, but the girls love hearing how they were born. We look at abby photos a lot too and talk about how things were. My son was born at 35 weeks by c-section due to a few factors, the main one being a heart condition I developed, both our lives were at risk, after he was born I felt amazed that we had actually both survived, blessed, and so overwhelmed. Thank you for sharing your story with #mg Your daughters are both amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your experience sounds very scary. Hope you and your family are ok now. Thanks for sharing your experience with me and for the compliment.

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter! Hope you are well! Thanks for linking up to the #AnythingGoes linky.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete