A Survival Station For Baby

Ever wondered where a bib is? Or where those nappies got stored away? I know this has crossed my mind a number of times. So in order to make things easy for myself, hubby and visitors I thought it would be a good idea to have a survival station close at hand. The great thing about having a basket of goodies too is that it can travel wherever baby goes. So whether it’s day or night you can be sure that you don’t need to look too far away for an item.

My DIY Survival Station


In my survival basket I have included:
  • Nappies
  • Bibs
  • Hand gel
  • Water Wipes
  • A change of clothes for her

Of course you don’t need to stick to my list. I'm sure you can think of things you like to use a lot for your baby that could be kept in your kit. Similarly you don’t need to use a basket, perhaps a decorative little suitcase or bowl would suffice. Whether you make your survival kit for yourself or a loved one it can be an enjoyable process. Just make sure that you keep it stocked up and ready to go.

Finally, I'd like to point out that lots of brands are available. These are just what I have at hand presently.

Comments

  1. Oh I love this and this is exactly what I've always had set up in our lounge. Thanks for linking to #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It sure helps doesn't it.

      Delete
  2. Such a brilliant idea - we have one of these and it has been invaluable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, I did this with my youngest and was so handy to have carried upstairs of a night when I was recovering from a c-section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. Having had a c-section myself I love the fact it's so lightweight.

      Delete
  4. Hi Helena, I could have done with this sound tip about nineteen years ago. Keeping 'must haves'close at hand is a sure time and energy saver.

    Hope you are all bonding nicely.

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We normally resort to the changing bag but having baskets too I'm finding is very helpful.

      Delete
  5. Yes!! I did this in the first few weeks, it was very hand, especially during the night as I knew where everything was and to hand. Thanks for sharing with the #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is helpful. Now all I need is a mini bar for me. ;)

      Delete
  6. Such a smart idea. And I love the name - survival kit for baby haha!
    #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to have a whole changing table and supplies downstairs!!!! Good idea! Best to be prepared. Thanks for linking - Jess xx

    #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always had baskets like this around at key points when the toddlers were babies! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. It's been a few years since I've had to carry a diaper bag and I must admit I don't miss any of it. I always had mind overloaded and usually had to take 2 as I had 3 in diapers all at once. I'm visiting from #bloggerclubuk and I must apologize for my delay in commenting as I'm behind in all my blogging at the moment ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh my 3 in nappies - bet you felt like you were forever changing your little ones.

      Delete
  10. Great idea, we had a couple of similar stations in our house when Baby was younger. Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment