The Siblings Project: June 2016

“You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth”
by Kahlil Gibran

Recently I've found myself being asked how has your eldest taken to having a sister?  The answer it appears is really well. There’s only 16 months between the girls and as neither can speak it is not thoroughly known but as they say actions speak louder than words.


Siblings in June
Letting Sleepy Babies Snooze

It is through their engagement with one another that I'm soon learning what type of children I have and already I feel there are similarities as well as differences.  

There first encounter with one another was in hospital. As Daddy held our eldest our new addition was snug in my arms. Big sister looked at me, then her sister before looking away and declaring she wanted to be put down. It wasn't long before the eldest was running around the wards introducing herself to other visitors and the patients! I overheard one person say that at the age she was they are very self absorbent.

That she may be but she has also been truly delightful and shown caring towards her sister. She has stood guard when it has come to baby’s observations and as I've gone to feed the little one held on to her bottle too. She has gotten into the baby’s Moses basket with her and I even discovered she’d tucked a piece of bread into the bedding – clearly we differ in thoughts as to how we are to feed her.

I truly feel blessed with my eldest being so kind, considerate and mothering. She is crazy too mind as she runs around with a penguin hat covering her head bumping into things including baby (no harm was done).  I love her just the way she is.


The youngest is a joy too. It is thanks to her feeding well in hospital that she was allowed home sooner than her sister. She wants food when mummy eats though which led me to feel rather dizzy once with low blood sugars in hospital! She is also nocturnal, something I am working on as I bring her downstairs during the day so she can learn the difference. She watches over the goings on in our family and hopes she doesn't get crushed by the crazy toddler that wants to share her bed.

The Me and Mine Project


Living Arrows

Running in Lavender

Comments

  1. Ah it is a very exciting time when two sisters are getting to know each other. That is a great picture of them both fast asleep in the car xx #pointshoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... such a delight. I love watching how siblings love develops and grow stronger by each days. #PointShoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! It sounds like things are going well. It sounds like your eldest is going to be a great big sister x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that your two girls are growing up together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so precious watching them get to know each other isn't it, and as the time pass their bond will only go from strength to strength. Sweet capture. Xx #livingarrows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. I hope there relationship does exactly that.

      Delete
  6. This is the start of something beautiful. It's so great to see a sibling bond develop x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw such a gorgeous picture. It must be wonderful to see a bond developing. Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. it always amazes me how siblings accept others into the family fold.
    The older one looks so big compared to the baby, but at 16 months she is really just a baby herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is. She's very mothering so we sometimes forget.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely picture, I need to get more of my three together x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helena, it must be delightful to watch your eldest show love and affection to her baby sister. So what if she is a little self absorbed aren't all children? Hope they grow up to have a close sisterly bond.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. That's true they probably are. I hope so too.

      Delete
  11. Ah I know exactly what you mean I love watching my girls grow and seeing their little personalities develop. Thank you so much for linking up with #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment