The Circle of Life

This month I am joining forces with the #30DaysWild campaign connecting with nature and learning about the wonderful world in which we live.

Tow-path into town
Wandering along the tow-path connecting Donnington Bridge to the ancient city of Oxford it is easy to see why so many people can be seen delighting in the area.

Wedding Party 

Whether they are out celebrating a wedding or enjoying company with friends while having a picnic in the meadows Oxford appears to becoming alive with social interaction. The tow-paths also are buzzing with people whether they are running, cycling or simply just walking alongside one another.

With the weather being delightfully warm and the sun radiating down we also decided to take advantage of the weather and set off for a stroll into town. We don’t normally go into town but today we made an exception.  

Rowers race on.

Along the way we took in the sights and sounds of rowers paddling furiously as they competed with one another in what looked like the Oxford versus Cambridge boat races. Canoes and paddle boards also took to the waters.

Of course with all the commotion of the people on and around the water it is sometimes easy to forget that amongst us and happily in harmony with their natural environment are numerous varieties of wildlife. 

A weed or a wish?
Perhaps the most obvious species on the water are the birds such as ducks and geese who are always thrilled to see a scrap of bread thrown their way. Then there are the birds in the skies although you may not always see them you can be sure that they are there keeping an eye on the land below and calling out with their delightful bird song.  

Trees emitting oxygen
Then there’s the flora and fauna that are home to many an insect. The flowers needing pollination from the bees and the trees emitting much needed oxygen to the people passing by. 

Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie

Rhyming with Wine
Reflections From Me

My Random Musings

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this post - I have never been to Oxford but it looks lovely and I have heard lovely things about it before. Your pictures are lovely - and definitely a wish for me! Memeandharri.com #marvmondays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and getting connected to nature is a big theme in our family too! #AnythingGoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! I never just look around me anymore, the 'always in a rush' to do something/get somewhere has me super unappreciative of what is around me! Thanks for reminding me to just stop and look from time to time! #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Having a bump and a baby means I have to slow down.

      Delete
  4. I love Oxford, one of my favourite cities. I would have gone to uni there but sigh I wasn't brainy enough :-) #mg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's lovely. We've been to Oxford a few times and have always enjoyed having a wander around in the woods and the green fields

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure are lovely places in Oxfordshire

      Delete
  6. I love your weed or wish picture! I just posted a similar photo myself =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favourite places even though we rarely visit - beautiful pics and love that you're taking in your surroundings, I need to be more appreciative! Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you really should go again. This is my second visit of the year. It's great to see how it changes over the seasons.

      Delete
  8. Oxford looks like such a beautiful place. I love the way that you have brought out the details and the secrets of nature that so many of us would just walk past. I find that now I have the tots I spot so many more of the little things like ants and daisies now when we go walking. It's refreshing.
    Lovely post. Thanks for linking up with #fartglitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are so right about the little ones in our life. They absorb so much and delight in all things.

      Delete
  9. makes me want to get in a canoe, so pretty, and not a weed, it is a wish for sure! #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was lovely for that. I like the idea of a wish too.

      Delete

Post a Comment