Pregnancy Update Week: 36

Now for those that have read my word of the week post you may well find it ironic reading this. Yes we kicked off the week on a high going to Forest School (more on that fantastic place later in the week) and attending toddler group. However, by the end of the week I was feeling rather out of control as I ended up in hospital due to my pregnancy.

Baby running out of room

On Monday I attended Diabetic clinic. As usual I had all the regular check-ups i.e.. weight, bloods, urine sample and medication checks. Then I got to see the obstetrician who came back to me with a due date for the delivery of my second baby. We always knew that they would not let me get to 40 weeks due to my medical history and with the date in mind it was easy to remember and something we could prepare for.

The next two days were spent having a lovely time just me, little one and bump with our mummy friends and their toddlers. However, when Thursday rolled around the tests they ran on me had shown that my kidneys have been taking a severe battering. As a result the date I once had no longer exists and a new one has taken its place.

This also meant I was to be admitted that very day and given steroids to help babies lungs develop in preparation for the world outside my womb. I had two injections of steroids given to me over the course of my stay and was kept a close eye on throughout. The steroids play havoc with your blood sugars so once they were under control I was able to go upstairs and get some sleep. I was moved at half midnight on Friday and had little rest as I shared the room with people who snored and still had a cannula in my hand which was very tender.

On Saturday I was ctg monitored and told that the graph produced on the monitor looked perfect for a text book. The bloods are behaving themselves and I was free to go home should I wish. So here I am on Sunday writing this and feeling content at being home where I can get some peace and quiet.

MaternityMondays

Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie

Rhyming with Wine

My Random Musings

Reflections From Me

Comments

  1. What an up and down week! Really glad to hear that it ended with you back at home and doing well. Very best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy. XX #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has been. Thanks for your well wishes.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh lovely, that sounds pretty scary! Howver, it sounds like you have been well looked after at hospital. Take it easy and try to enjoy the end of your pregnancy (as much as one can at this stage!), it sounds like your little one will be along very soon so I look forward to reading the rest of your updates. Thanks for sharing this on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been. The hospital staff are wonderful, caring and thoughtful. Thank you for your well wishes. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  3. Some ups and downs for you this week all the best with the rest of your pregnancy #MaternityMonday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you sounds like such a stressful week! I'm also 36 weeks so know how you feel. Glad to hear it ended up ok in the end. Fingers crossed rest of your pregnancy goes well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds pretty stressful! Glad it worked out OK and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that all of the rest of your pregnancy goes well and that the birth and baby will be very good too! Take care of yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you know that you're in good hands and that they are keeping an eye on everything for you lovely. Fingers crossed you can get some rest before your little one makes an appearance.

    Thanks for linking up with #fartglitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel blessed. Rest is sure important.

      Delete
  8. not long to go now.. I hope there are no more scares for you. Thanks for linking to #maternitymondays

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh you poor thing! So glad you are at home resting up now, take good care of yourself xx #mg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no - sounds stressful! Glad they have everything under control and are looking after you. Hope all goes well from here and with the earlier birth. #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It sure was stressful but I trusted I was in good hands with the medical staff.

      Delete

Post a Comment