Pregnancy Update Week: 35

Last week I got an urgent phone call out of the blue to go into hospital and get my bloods checked. Following the results of the previous Monday’s tests the hospital was concerned for my well-being and that history could potentially be repeating itself.

With my daughter I got to 36 weeks before Pre-eclampsia, Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure and more took a hold of my body and deemed that she were to be born the very next day by elective c section. Perhaps the scariest thing at the time was not realising how ill I actually was as I felt well within myself. So how all these things could be happening to my body and me not realise seemed odd.

I spent the afternoon having various tests run on my body and the results were supposed to be returned to me an hour later. Although most of these were and they were better than the previous Monday’s one thing was left unaccounted for.  Finally 4 hours later I was told that was fine too and I could go home.

According to the doctors you need blood sugar levels of 5 or more in order to drive so when I tested them and discovered I was 3.9 a snack box was soon delivered to my bedside.

Scare over I was asked to go back in on Thursday and the Sonographer was pleased to see that little one measured well. We are still keeping to having a surprise but with all the scans I'm sure all the hospital knows but us. We know one thing for sure though they are a right little wriggler like their big sister. They also seem to be heavier than she was at birth so maybe they’ll sleep straight through the night and not be nocturnal.

This is turning into one roller coaster of a ride and someone has hit the fast forward button.

Did you discover an underlying health condition during your pregnancy? How did you cope with the roller coaster ride? Or did you sail straight through without a care in the world?

MaternityMondays

Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie

Rhyming with Wine

My Random Musings

Comments

  1. Phew what a scare. not long now lovely and the surprise will be amazing. I'm currently 24 weeks with my 2nd and all good so far but you never know so keeping an eye on myself!! xx #marvmondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been. I'm definitely feeling the final countdown. Life is on fast forward.

      Delete
  2. What a scary day for you. I had pre-eclampsia with my first at 36 weeks and it started with no. 2 at 33 weeks, with no. 3 I got all the way to 40 weeks before I began to feel unwell, you can never tell.I am glad it was a false alarm . #marernitymondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you went through it too. I've been taking prescribed low doses of aspirin to stop it from happening.

      Delete
    2. I had asprin the third time around, I am not sure if it helped or not but I didn't get pe until 40 weeks!

      Delete
    3. It seems things are changing all the time and to go up to 40 weeks is fantastic

      Delete
  3. I have to admit that I was very lucky with both of my pregnancies and they were relatively straight forward. I can only imagine how scary it must have been to be called back for tests, especially with what you went through first time around? Not long now lovely. I hope the rest of your pregnancy runs smoothly for you x
    Thanks for linking with #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, understanding and sending me well wishes.

      Delete
  4. Glad you seem to be doing ok now, I think that would panic me! I'm 31 weeks now and it is flying by, the second time seems to be just a blur. It must be difficult having loads of scans and trying not to see what bits they have! We're having a surprise this time and the legs were crossed so we couldn't see anyway, but we don't have any more scans planned (as I had a growth scan with my first) so at least I can't 'think' I've seen something I haven't! Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had that a couple of times but generally I look away when told to.

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness what a fright. Glad everything was ok in the end and hopefully it will remain so for the rest of the pregnancy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so stressful, I really hope you have an easier time over the next few weeks leading to the birth. #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment