Instilling a Love of Nature in Little Ones Through Books

This month I am joining forces with the #30DaysWild campaign connecting with nature and learning about the wonderful world in which we live.

I was looking through my daughter’s books the other day and considering their connection to nature. One thing that surprised me during this process was the amount of books we have featuring rabbits whereas other animals and insects were few and far between.

Eldest and Her Books on Nature

My daughter’s collection includes:

  • The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
  • What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson
  • The Ugly Duckling by Bookstart
  • The Four Seasons of Bramley Hedge by Jill Barklem
  • Blossom Possum: The Sky is Falling Down-under by Gina M. Newton
  • My Incy Wincy Spider Tab Book

The books featuring rabbits are:

  • Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
  • Miffy’s Birthday by Dick Bruna
  • That’s Not My Bunny by Fiona Watt
  • The Tale of a Naughty Little Rabbit by Peter Rabbit TM
  • Guess How Much I Love You: Summer by Sam McBratney
  • Lettice: Favourite Stories by Mandy Stanley

Do you have any book recommendations for instilling a love of nature in little ones?

Kids Love To Read - Laura's Lovely Blog

Comments

  1. I agree books are a great way to instill a love of nature. I recognise some of the books in your list and they are fantastic. Thanks for sharing on #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter loves flipping through them and bringing me them to read.

      Delete
  2. We went and got a #30DaysWild selection from the library. Its good fun isn't it! #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea to me.

      Delete
  3. Little Frog's Tadpole Trouble, Tadpole's Promise and Teeny Weeny Tadpole are in our current library haul! Our own collection seems to be inundated with owls - Owl Babies, Wow Said The Owl, Hoot Owl, The Owl who Was Afraid of the Dark. We also enjoy Superworm :)

    123 A Walk In the Countryside is a lovely counting book and TIdy is beautifully illustrated and features a badger. Oi Frog is very funny too. The last three I've recently reviewed on my new blog: https://along-came-poppy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate I will have to check these ones out.

      Delete
  4. Books really help children to learn. I'm trying to rack my brains on some nature books that are my children's favourites now. We have quite a few rabbit ones too. The Snail and the Whale is really lovely, Dear Zoo is a classic, not sure we have any insect ones though. Thanks for linking up to #kltr and sorry I am a little late this month I have been on holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree books can be very educational. I have not heard of that book before will have to look into that one. Hope you had a lovely holiday.

      Delete

Post a Comment