Happy Days: In Hospital

When you think of a stay in hospital it’s easy to think of some of the negatives. For example, long waits to see hospital staff, microwavable meals and taking horrid medicine. There have been times when I've felt a stay in hospital was like staying in boarding school where you are only able to break free if you reach certain criteria.  It’s times like this when you are pleased you've surrounded yourself with some of your favourite things and make a note of the positives.




From Thursday night to Wednesday evening I was in hospital following the birth of my second daughter. I thought I’d use my Happy Days post to reflect on some of the things that happened:
  1. Surrounding myself with colouring pages, Sudoku, magazines and books
  2. No longer  having to inject myself with insulin as baby cooks
  3. The support and care of staff and hearing from other patients
  4. Seeing others admiring looks
  5. A mantra about breast feeding that made me smile: Express Yourself (to the same music used in Labrinth)
Just some of the things that I experienced while- in hospital.

What Katy Said


Mr and Mrs T Plus Three




Comments

  1. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the new addition to your family. They grow so fast so take the time to enjoy!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    Hope your hospital stay went ok.
    I'm TERRIFIED of hospitals, and I always try to get out there as soon as I can!
    Sarah xxx
    www.whimsicalmumblings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sorry to hear you are terrified of hospitals.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, I'll bet her "big" sister is excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!!! I hope that she has a wonderful, long and very happy life!!! I hope that you and the rest of your family do too!! Just wonderful news!!! I am sorry to be so late visiting, we had a minor domestic drama yesterday - nothing serious in the end, all ok - but I didn't get a change to do any blogging. Thank you so much for taking part in Five On Friday, I do appreciate it! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. Pleased to hear that all is ok with your family now.

      Delete
  5. Huge congratulations on your little girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A massive congratulations on the birth of your daughter, I may be slightly biased but there is nothing better than two girls. Lots of love and best wishes to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Enjoy her! I dread hospital visits and was pleasantly surprised when I had my son, almost a year a go now! #happydays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sorry to hear you dread hospitals. Pleased to hear that your stay went better than expected.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl #happy days

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new arrival, and having read some around your blog I know birth wasn't plain sailing but you did an amazing job. Hospital stays after birth can give you a bit of breathing space and, whilst not ideal, it sounds like you found all the positives as well as found time to come with your daughter.
    #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey I really appreciate you taking the time to read my blog posts. It's true that hospital gave me a bit of a break away from home life as well as time to get to know the new addition.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations - hope you're enjoying being at home, and yes I can see the boarding school comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations this is such amazing news! A beautiful little girl. My first 2 were girls and the sisterly bond is just so beautiful, you will just love watching them grow together. So happy for you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhh congratulations!!!! How exciting she is here! Glad you were able to see positives, hospital stays are never fun. Thanks for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy I found surrounding yourself with your favourite things sure helped take your mind off things like feeling like a pincushion

      Delete
  13. Huge congratulations lovely, I hope you're settling well into life as a family of four. Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment