When you think of a stay in hospital it’s easy to think of some of the negatives. For example, long waits to see hospital staff, microwavable meals and taking horrid medicine. There have been times when I've felt a stay in hospital was like staying in boarding school where you are only able to break free if you reach certain criteria. It’s times like this when you are pleased you've surrounded yourself with some of your favourite things and make a note of the positives.
From Thursday night to Wednesday evening I was in hospital following the birth of my second daughter. I thought I’d use my Happy Days post to reflect on some of the things that happened:
- Surrounding myself with colouring pages, Sudoku, magazines and books
- No longer having to inject myself with insulin as baby cooks
- The support and care of staff and hearing from other patients
- Seeing others admiring looks
- A mantra about breast feeding that made me smile: Express Yourself (to the same music used in Labrinth)
Just some of the things that I experienced while- in hospital.